Part 14

*WARNING* Slight fluff content in this chapter.

--------------------------

As they arrived to the weapons building, Taylor and Devyn headed up the stairs to the lab, seeing Rowan and a few others working on a few things. Rowan stopped and noticed them walk in.

"Hey, what brings you guys over? I've only been back for a while and you already need me huh?"

Taylor rolled her eyes, "You know why we're here."

Rowan chuckled and got out of his chair as he stood up and led them to one of their testing rooms.

"Woah, where did you guys get all of this equipment? Let alone the electricity for it?" Devyn asked.

"A lot of generators and reconstruction of wires, as for the equipment, there was a lot of searching in different places, Utah mostly." Taylor answered.

Rowan got everything ready and he turned to Devyn, "Alright, go ahead and hop on the table. We'll get some tests from your blood and do some x-rays."

Devyn hesitantly laid on the table as Rowan attached IVs to her and she stared at the ceiling while she heard beeping and metal tapping together. After an hour of getting some results, he stared at the x-rays and seen different shapes of fungus spread throughout her entire body.

Taylor sighed, "Damn, it's everywhere. There's no way of removing it is there?"

"There is, but it'll only kill her. The cordyceps are causing a decrease rather than an increase in the function of the immunity, and like we expected, if she continues to let these grow, she'll die before she even turns completely."

"That's what I was afraid of, do we still have the documents from the Utah experiment?"

"Yes..? Taylor, you don't think.."

"Rowan, this is our only option."

They stood in silence for a few seconds and Rowan walked to the door, "Let's go tell her."

Devyn sat on the table, anxious about finding out what they'll say, and looked over at the door, seeing them walk in. Rowan sat down in a chair beside the table while Taylor leaned against the counter.

"So?"

"So, it's what we expected, the fungus is slowly killing you.. it's making you go berserk whenever you're in battle, and.. we might have a solution on how to get rid of it."

"Okay?"

Taylor stepped forward, "Devyn.. there's a lot of people in this town who are at risk of dying from an infected raid, and.. I know there's been an attempt at trying to find or make.. a cure."

Devyn immediately knew what was going on. The amount of flashbacks that appeared in her mind from the Firefly incident cause her to start having a panic attack. Her heart rate was increasing and she started shaking her head.

"No.. no I'm sorry but, I can't help you with that."

"Hey hey, we're not asking you to agree to it, because that's a guaranteed kill, but we might be able to do something. We're here to help." Taylor rubbed her back to calm her down.

Devyn stood up quickly and went to the door, "Thank you.. but I have to go."

She left quickly and Rowan and Taylor exchanged looks.

"What do we do?"

"We'll do what we need to.. if something happens then I'll handle it." Taylor walked out as well and Rowan sighed.