1

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Pilot

"Orphans are the only ones who get to chose their fathers, and they love them twice as much."

November 1981 - London
Privet Drive

An owl, sitting on the street sign flew off to reveal a mysterious appearing old man walking through a forest near the street. He stopped at the start of the street and took out a mechanical device and zapped all the light out of the lampposts. He put the device away when a cat meowed. The old man looked down at the car, which was a tabby and was sitting on a brick ledge. "I should have known that you would be here...Professor McGonagall," the old man said, then the cat progressed into a human, an older woman, Professor Minerva McGongall.

"Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumors true, Albus?" McGonagall asked.

"I'm afraid so, Professor. The good, and the bad," the old man, Dumbledore, said.

"And the children?" McGonagall asked.

"Hagrid is bringing them," Dumbledore said.

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" McGonagall asked.

"Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life," Dumbledore said, then there was a motor sound, and the two professors looked up to see a flying motorcycle coming down from the air. It skidded on the street and halted, with a large man on it, who took off his goggles.

"Professor Dumbledor, Sir. Professor McGonagall," the large man said.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Dumbledore asked.

"No, sir. The little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Try not to wake them. There you go," the large man, Hagrid, said before he handed Dumbledore a large basket with two little babies in one blanket.

"Albus, do you really think it's safe, leaving them with these people? I've been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are," McGonagall said in concern for the two babies.

"The only family they have," Dumbledore said before they stopped outside a house.

"These children will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know their name," McGonagall said.

"Exactly. They are both better off growing up away from all that. Until they are both ready," Dumbledore said as Hagrid coughed and sniffled from crying. He then cleared his throat before looking back at Dumbledore. "There, there, Hagrid. It's not really good-bye, after all. You will see them both again," Dumbledore said and Hagrid nodded. Dumbledore set the basket down at the foot of the door, then took a letter and placed it on the sleeping babies.

But before he left, he stared at the babies scars. One of them had a lightning-bolt on his forehead, while the other had one on her neck. "Good luck...Harry & Liv Potter," he muttered before he walked away with Hagrid & McGonagall.