11

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Dark Forest Adventures

"True friends say good things behind your back, and bad things to your face."

May 1992
Dark Forest
Outside

At night, the five students were being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch. "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming," Filch said and Liv & Draco stared at the man, oddly. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Then Hagrid appeared with a crossbow, while he was still sniffing. "A sorry lot, Hagrid. Oh good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone," Hagrid said as he continued to sniffle. "Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

"Well, that's good, right?" Liv asked. "He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" Hagrid asked and Filch rolled his eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you," Filch said.

"The forest?" Draco asked. "I thought that was a joke!" Everyone then faced him, to clearly see he was scared. "We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves."

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that," Filch said, but Draco looked frightened and Liv stiffed a laugh, which caused Draco to elbow her.

"Nighty-night." Filch then walked away from the group.

"Right. Let's go," Hagrid said.

Dark Forest

Inside, the group walked along a path to a tree. Hagrid stopped, bent down and dipped his finger in a silver puddle. Hu pulled out his fingers and rubbed them together, a silver trail smeared with his fingers. "Hagrid, what's that?" Harry asked.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured badly by something," Hagrid said, then Liv suddenly saw a large cloaked figure walking through the trees. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Harry, Ron & Hermione, you'll come with me."

"Okay," Ron said weakly.

"And Liv, you'll go with Malfoy," Hagrid said as Draco fluttered a smile.

"What?!" Liv spat.

"We're taking Fang," Draco said.

"Fine. Just do you know, he's a bloody coward," Hagrid said as Fang whined. Liv rolled her eyes before she, Draco & Fang began to walk down the trails.

----

Liv & Draco were walking through the forest with Fang leading. "You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff," Draco said and Liv smirked.

"Sounds like to me, Draco, you're scared," Liv said and Draco laughed.

"Scared, Liv? Me?" Draco asked before he scoffed, but then there was a howl. "Did you hear that?"

Liv eyed him before she smiled. "I stand my point," Liv said and Draco rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Fang. Honestly, Liv, Scared?" Draco said.