9

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Mirror of Erised

"A million words would not bring you back, I know because I've tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried."

Hogwarts
Outside

Harry, Liv, Hermione & Ron were all walking along a path with Hagrid as they talked about what happened at Quidditch. "Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked.

"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid asked and they all eyed him.

"Fluffy?" Liv asked.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hagrid started but stopped.

"Yes?" Harry asked.

"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is," Hagrid said.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry exclaimed.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher," Hagrid said.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking," Hermione said.

"Exactly," Liv said and Hagrid sighed.

"Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel," Hagrid said.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Liv asked.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that," Hagrid said as he walked away from the children.

December 1991
Slytherin Common Room

Cries.

Cries were echoed through the common room. Most of the children were already home for holidays, except for one. The only one who didn't have family to go home to.

Liv was sitting in her bed, and covered her face whilst leaning over her knees, as she sobbed. Winter was next to her, snuggling up, but she perked her ears up a little when she heard a noise.

Liv quickly sat up when she felt a hand on her lap. She looked to see who it was, but it was a girl with dark hair. Liv stared into her brown eyes sadly as tears rolled down her pink cheeks. "Are you okay?" The girl asked and Liv just blinked, crying to dry up the tears. But then Liv hesitantly shook her head no. "I'm sorry," the girl said, probably knowing who Liv was, and what her circumstances were. "I'm Veronica Blake. But you can call me Roni," the girl said and Liv smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Roni. I'm Liv Potter," Liv said and Roni nodded.

"Yes. I know who you are," Roni said. "I also know that you've been separated from your brother. I'm sorry. I know people in Slytherin are a bit cruel, especially if you don't feel welcomed." But Liv could read between the lines.

"Do you mean Draco Malfoy?" She asked and Roni hesitantly nodded. "I don't really have any friends, and he's the only one I know here," Liv said.

"Well, now you know someone else," Roni said and Liv smiled.