2

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
A Miserable Life

"They provoke you but when you defend yourself, they cry victim."

July 1991 - 10 Years Later
The Dursley's Home

Two almost 11-year-olds, a girl and a boy, both slept peacefully together in their small cupboard under the stairs, both with lightning-bolt scars. The boy had one on his forehead, while the girl had one on her neck.

They were suddenly woken from their sleep when a tall woman, Petunia Dursely, their cruel aunt, started to harshly knock on the door. "Up! Get up!" she yelled as she continued to violently knock. "Now!"

A large, tubby boy, Dudley Dursley, the twin's fat cousin, suddenly came running down the stairs above the closet. He stopped half-way down and started to jump up and down on the staircase, knowing his cousins were underneath. "Wake up, cousins! We're going to the zoo!" Dudley said, then he laughed before he came down the stairs and ran for the kitchen.

The twins, Harry & Liv Potter, tried to come out of the closet, but was pushed back in by Dudley. Liv muttered an insult under her breath but Harry gave her a look. "Don't be rude, Liv," Harry spat.

"They deserve it," Liv spat back, before they got out of the closet.

Dursley Household
Kitchen

Petunia was in the kitchen, where Dudley had gone to. "Oh, here he comes, the birthday boy!" Petunia exclaimed.

Then a larger man, Vernon Dursley, Petunia's husband, was sitting at the kitchen table. "Happy birthday, son," Vernon said as Petunia & Dudley giggled together. Harry & Liv then came into the kitchen, dressed in rags.

"Why don't you just cook breakfast, and try not to burn anything," Petunia said to Harry.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," Harry said before he started to cook breakfast.

"And you, clean the floor," Petunia said to Liv.

"But I just polished it yesterday," Liv said, then Petunia spilled juice on the floor, giving her niece a dirty look.

"Well, now it's dirty. Clean it," Petunia said as Liv eyed the floor.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," Liv said before she grabbed a clean rag and began cleaning the floor.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day," Petunia said.

"Hurry up, twins!" Vernon snapped as Liv began to dry up the floor. "Bring my coffee boy!"

"Yes, Uncle Vernon," Harry said before he brought the man a mug of coffee. Petunia led Dudley over to the family room, where there were a vast amount of presents as Liv finally finished cleaning the floor.

As she & Harry faced the living room, Dudley began to whine and complain. "How many are there?" Dudley asked.

"Thirty-six. Counted 'em myself," Vernon said.

"Thirty-six?! But last year I had thirty-seven!" Dudley spat as Liv glared at him.

At least he gets presents, thought Liv. Harry then elbowed her before she could say anything. "Yes, well, some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year," Vernon said.