ONE

A.N Hello everybody! Thank you so much for clicking on this story. I would like to warn you that this story does contain explicit and mature content and strong language. If you don't feel comfortable with this it's best not to read. I also want to mention that most of the characters and events in this book are all fiction. Some events in this story that have happened in real life won't always add up to the actual time and date they happened. But anyway, I hope you enjoy this book x

E L A I N A

I stand in the long line of the usual coffee shop I go to every morning. However if I knew the line would have been this long this morning, I wouldn't have come. I just want to turn around and walk out of the shop because I don't have as much time to grab a coffee as I thought, but I can't do that because on my way in I spotted three large cameras held by some paparazzi. Luckily they didn't see me coming in because they were to busy laughing at kid across the road who dropped his ice cream. But I do know nothing will stop the bright flashes if anyone in this coffee shop notices me. So I keep my head down, letting my long brown hair cover the sides of my face.

A lot of the time I find myself wishing I could just rip the annoying cameras from their hands, but I know I can never and would never do that. First of all, smashing an expensive camera to the ground is not the nicest thing to do and I know I'd end up feeling extremely guilty. And second of all, I wouldn't be setting a good example to my fans.

"Next please." Realising that I'm now at the front of the line that I've been waiting in for 5 minutes now, I quickly step forward, not wanting to be any more late to my meeting with Cora who won't be any more happy with me.

As much as I hate to say it, Cora is my manager. I understand that managers are supposed to take control and lead you in the right direction to keep the image you want and I suppose Cora does that. However she does it to the point where it makes my life a living hell. It's like she makes me do everything that she knows I will hate to do. Sometimes I wonder if I knew being an actor would involve having my life controlled without getting to put any input to what I want, whether I would have signed up for it. But knowing that what I do bring joy to heaps of people ranging from young kids to the elderly always overrules it. If I could have a new manager, I would probably take them straight away, but I'm not just about to quit my job because I love it and I love that others love me doing it too.

Instead of ordering my usual drink, I order myself a double shot espresso because I'm definitely going to need it for the meeting with Cora I'm dreading to go to. I doubt it's going to be different to the meetings I have with her every other week which always consists of her demanding me to do as she says.

I take the takeaway coffee cup, giving the barista a tip and a smile before turning around and keeping my head down as I do so. I'm praying that the paparazzi out the front don't notice me because the constant flashes and questions is something I don't have time for today. But just as I've stepped outside and turned my back towards them without them even seeing me, the sound of my name being called in excitement has me closing me eyes momentarily.

"Elaina! Elaina!" I turn around, looking down to the young girl who looks the age of 14. As soon as she sees me, her eyes widen in even more excitement which has my mood lifting at her happiness. Even though it can be quite stressful at times, interacting my fans is always the highlight of my day.

Of course the sound of my name being called has the heads of the paparazzi shooting up and then cameras immediately flashing, but I pay them not attention and instead smile down to the girl who looks on the verge of tears.

"Don't cry, sweetheart." I say softly. She quickly wipes away the few tears that had just fallen and holds out her phone.

"C-can I pl-please get a photo w-with you?" She asks quietly. A small chuckle leaves my lips but I of course oblige. She holds out her phone, snapping a photo of me smiling at the camera with my hand placed on her back and her smiling with tears still in her eyes.