SIX

A.N Remember to vote and comment to help the story grow! :)

H A R R Y

My fist comes in contact with Elaina's front door for the second time.

I wasn't planning on showing up to her house and was instead going to call her, but after this morning I wanted to check to see if she was alright.

When I showed up to Cora's office this morning, I was met with Cora basically in the middle of a screaming match with herself. She put every bit of effort she had into yelling at Elaina who wasn't actually yelling back. It was obvious that Elaina was still mad over something though, but she wasn't shouting back at Cora for a reason I don't know. She did end up storming out of her office within the first few seconds I was there.

Hence why I'm now standing on her doorstep to see if everything's ok.

Just as I go to knock for the third time, the door swings open and a somewhat out of breath Elaina is revealed. She's dressed in black gym leggings and a white sports bra. Her hair is pulled into a messy bun and I realise I've caught her in the middle of a workout. 

"Harry?" She pants, a look of surprise flashing over her face. "What are you doing here?" 

"I've come to ask you something." A confused expression appears on her face but she opens her door wider and steps aside to let me in.

I walk down the short hall beside her that leads to a much larger open floor plan. Although despite the large size, Elaina's house looks so lived in. There are a few dishes beside the kitchen sink, a sweater that's been lazily thrown over the back of one of her couches and a pair of boxing gloves on her table that lead me to believe she must have been boxing when I arrived. My eyes also skim past a door that's slightly ajar and only just reveals a cozy office with pencils and papers scattered all over the ground, reminding me of what the area I'm in at the time looks like when I'm in the middle of writing.

"Nice place." I compliment as my eyes flick over her home again before landing on her. Her lips pull into a smile as she walks past me to her couch, grabbing her sweater and pulling it over her body. 

"So," She begins, her eyes meeting mine again briefly as she pasts me to walk over to her kitchen that I follow her into. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

I lean back on the kitchen island, crossing my arms over comfortably as she sits herself onto the opposite counter.

"I wanted to check in to see you were ok," I say. Her eyebrows raise and an amused smirk appears on her lips, causing my eyebrows to pull together in confusion. "What?" I ask.

"You did not come here to just check in on me." She says matter-of-factly.

"No, but is it suddenly become the worst thing in the world to have me come over to see if you're doing alright?" I ask her, this time it being me who raises their eyebrows.

A laugh falls from her lips and I feel the corners of my lips tug upwards slightly.

"I suppose not, but you at least could have shown up with some strawberries." She teases and her eyes flick past me causing me glance behind where I find there is an empty plastic packet of what would have had strawberries inside. "But yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking." She adds and I look back over to her with a frown.

"Elaina," I begin, but she speaks before I can open my mouth again.

"Harry," She teases back and my frown deepens. I can't tell whether she really is fine or whether she's just putting on an act to hide the fact that she really isn't. "Are you ok?" She asks, wrapping her arms over her stomach as she looks over to me. My eyebrows pull together in confusion and when she realises I don't understand, she elaborates. "Was Jeff mad?"