04: I guess today I start my career as a murderer

SEPTEMBER 6TH

Esther's POV

Ring ring.

Noooo, just few more minutes.

Ring ring.

God, please make it stop.

Ring ring.

It won't stop until you get up, the voice inside of my head told me. Ugh, fine. I open my eyes and look at the devil himself. I look at my alarm and, weirdly, I see that it's 5 fucking AM. Noticing that the ringing isn't coming from the alarm, I look at my phone. Someone is calling me. So I guess today I start my career as a murderer.

"Who the hell is calling me at 5 AM?!" I whisper yell.

"Well good morning to you too, Ther." Why him? Of all people, why him?

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Oh moody aren't we?" I wanted to answer him but he continued. "I just wanted to ask you if you wanna come with me on a morning run?" He has got to be kidding me!

"Hell no!" And before he could answer I hung up. I'm so mad at him. Why, you ask? Well let me enlighten you. First of all, the asshole ditched me on Friday because of Alexis, then he didn't text me or replied to my texts the entire weekend, and by texts I mean one text that says 'Hey', but still. When I went on my morning runs on Saturday and Sunday I saw him  and I know he saw me but he didn't come and say hi to me. The first time I even waved and he just ignored me. All in all, he can fuck off.

I guess Nicky was right about him. If I see him today I will tell him I'm calling off the bet, not because I am afraid I'll fall in love with him, I know I won't, it's because I can't stand him. One moment he's this sweet family boy that has a huge heart, and the other moment he is this annoying asshole that only thinks about sex and is ignoring you.

I look at my alarm clock and see it's 5:10 AM. Great, just great. I text Nicky if she can pick me up at 7 and to my surprise she replies in a few seconds saying 'Okay'.

I get up and go to my bathroom to do my morning routine. I apply some makeup on and go to my closet. I wear my dark jeans, some Nike sneakers and my 5SOS shirt. I take my sketch book and go down to make myself some breakfast. I was expecting to see my dad in the kitchen but all I saw was a note next to some pancakes that are probably cold right now.

'Had to go in early today. You are welcome for the pancakes tho, I know I'm the best. Love Dad <3'

What a humble man, I thought. I just put some music on and eat while humming the tunes.

"Heyyy girl!" Nicky yelled when I got in her car. How can she be so cheerful this early? "Wow, why do you look like you haven't even slept?"

"I barely did. I was drawing until 2 AM last night and I woke up at 5." I murmured.

"Why did you wake up so early?" She asked with a huge shock on her face.

"You realise you were basically awake at the same time?" I point out.

"True but I fell asleep at 8 PM. I had practice yesterday and I was dead. Now spill, why were you awake?" And I tell her everything. About the bet, about what happened on Friday, and about the call this morning. By the time I was done telling her everything we were already entering the school.

"What an ass!" She is really loud for such a small person.

"Can you say it louder? I think that people in Paris didn't hear you." I say to her sarcastically.