Chapter 7: Hidden Manor

Nicole was Finally able to convince Sophie to do some more of her studies than Running around doing pranks ,even though Nicole did also enjoy them she knew that this was more important.
Thankfully the library was a quiet place and Nicole knew Sophie couldn't do her usual tricks.
"I'm bored" Sophie said looking up to the roof with a sigh.
"The quicker you do it the quicker we can get back to pranks" Nicole said.
"Oh so you do enjoy them"  Sophie said with curiosity.
"Some of them" Nicole mentioned.
Sophie just let out a chuckle.
"Look in that section their and see if you can find anything for history of magic" Nicole asked which Sophie dragged herself over.
"Fine" Sophie said bluntly.
Sophie spent ages in one place not wanting to do the work, not too that is. Sophie would pick up random books and flip the pages just to look like she was actually looking for something.
While flipping through a book about old buildings she happened to pass a name she recognized.
"Smith manor" Sophie said walking over to Nicole.
"You found it soph" Nicole asked.
"No" was all Sophie responded with.
"Where's Nat" Sophie asked randomly.
"Not sure why?" Nicole asked.
"I'm finding all her hints" Sophie said with excitement.
"On her family" Nicole said.
"Ain't you lucky" Nicole chuckles
"I'm her scooby do" Sophie whispered running off with the book"
"Scooby what now" Nicole said confused looking up from her book to be left alone.
"These muggle things still confuse me" Nicole said to herself shaking her head.

Sophie spent ages running around the castle but still no luck.
"I swear if she's in her common room" Sophie said now getting fed up of hunting.
Sophie turned the corner to see Dumbledore talking to the man she seen before.
Sophie quickly hid trying not to make even the slightest sound.
"Glad to see shes safe" The man said.
"Of course Ronnie" Dumbledore said.
"Ronnie?" Sophie thought to herself.
"Did I hear that right" Sophie mumbled to herself.
"Does she know about her mother's side" The man asked.
"Not fully, she has seen the paintings which we forgot to move to a more hidden place" Dumbledore mentioned.
"That's now sorted I hope" The man asked.
"Of course" Dumbledore responded.
"No way" Sophie mumbled taking a small peak.
"Soph you wanted to" Natalie said walking down the hall but Sophie grabbed her.
"Shh" Sophie said.
"What are you up to now Soph" Natalie said with a sigh.
"This better not be one of the pranks" Natalie asked.
"I wish but no" Sophie responded.
"See the man" Sophie whispered.
"Ye what about him" Natalie whispered back.
"His name is Ronnie I think"Sophie explained.
Natalie just looked at Sophie with wide eyes, almost as if she was going to faint.
"Had a feeling you would do that" Sophie said watching the man leave with Dumbledore.
"Ronnie...RONNIE" Natalie said walking back and forth.
"You weren't lying about seeing the man" Natalie Kept saying .
"Nat chill" Sophie said grabbing Natalies shoulders
"How can I chill.... that man could be Ronnie like you said and that could link to my Grandad" Natalie said pointing at the hall where they seen them.
"I'm sure it just a man with the same name" Sophie said worryingly.
"Can you seriously look me in the face and tell me that" Natalie said with a firm tone that took Sophie by surprise.
Sophie could see Natalie was holding back emotions and she didn't want to push it.
"I can't fully but we have to look more into it" Sophie said showing Natalie a book.
"I had all the old manors in it" Sophie said flipping the pages .
"How's that going to help" Natalie said crossing her arms.
"Look" Sophie said showing Natalie one of the pages.
"Smith manor" Natalie said in shock.
"See, it has to be ya family right" Sophie asked.
"I-I'm not too sure Soph" Natalie said with hesitation .
"Fist I need to know about this Ronnie" Natalie said walking off.
"Hold on" Sophie said grabbing her arm.
"You can't just waltz in and ask" Sophie reminded Natalie.
"You need to find out more first and this book is a start" Sophie said dragging Natalie back to the library.

Once back at the library Sophie explained everything to Nicole and now Katie who joined in.
"He's here" Katie whispered.
"We don't know for sure but he did bring up the painting that Natalie seen" Sophie said.
"It has to be him then" Natalie said.
"Or he knows him" Nicole mentioned.
"Look  here" Sophie said pointing at the page.
On the page it had an image of  the Smith Manor. The Manor was a lot more brighter than the Davis Manor, it was mostly earthy Colours.
"It feels familiar somehow" Natalie mumbled.
"Really?" Katie asked.
"Not sure how, maybe I have seen an image in the past but can't be certain" Natalie explained.
"Look what it says here" Nicole mentioned pointing at the paragraph underneath.