☆ Chapter 8 ☆

[Rocky's POV]

*Bbrrringggg (sound of the school bell)*

It is already 8am in the morning and almost everyone is in their respective class. Even the teacher is here, but there was still no sign of Soo Min.

Where is she?? She should be in class by now. Is she late? Is she sick?

My hands that was resting on the table cupped together unconsciously and I was hoping that she isn't sick or anything.

Our homeroom teacher stood in front of the class at her table and his eyes gazed around the class before speaking up.

"Kim Soo Min isn't here yet? Did anyone hear from her?"

"Psst! Rocky. Did she message you?"

I looked up from my table to see Moonbin signaling me if I receive any call or message from Soo Min.

I shake my head and said, "No."

My eyes glanced diagonally in front at Soo Min's empty seat with a blank expression.

I guess I'll message her after class..

[Soo Min's Mom POV]

I got off my car and as I walked towards the entrance gate of Heart Orphanage, I searched my way to the main office among many children that were playing outdoors.

It's been a long time since I last came here. The buildings and the layout has changed here.

--Time Skip--

After 10 minutes of searching for the main office, I finally found it.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kim Tae Hee from Seoul." I said as I bowed at the caregiver who looked like she is in her forties or fifties.

"Oh I see, but what brings you all the way from...

Kim Tae Hee..." *gasp*

"Omo (means oh my), you came to see Min-a, right?" The ajumma (middle aged woman) eyes were wide open for a moment as she held onto my hands.

"Yes. How did you know?" I asked.

"How could I not know? Years ago before Min-a was adopted, you would come every week just to chat with her.

Min-a was so happy every time you came.

She used to draw on a piece of paper of you and herself at the garden chatting happily."

"What drawings?" I questioned.

She searched inside the cabinet for a while and came back holding few pieces of white paper with drawings on it.

"This is all she left behind that day..

I kept telling myself I should get rid of them,

but I just couldn't get myself to do it,

so I have been keeping them."

"What do you mean by leave things behind?" I asked.

"Huh? Didn't you come here because you heard that Min-a died?" She said.

"What?" I gasped with my mouth wide open.

She lowered her head and I noticed that she tried to keep her tears from falling.

"On the day that she was adopted, that poor thing got involved into a car accident, and she was sent to the hospital.

Thankfully, I heard that she survived and has awoken, but she couldn't remember anything from before..

Her older sister, Soo Min, doesn't know this. I didn't want to let her know, especially when she was only 6 years old..

I kept in touch with her adoptive parents, and eventually got her number.

Her adoptive mother died when she was 14 years old, and her adoptive father didn't treat her well..

All I could think was that it must have been too much for her to bear..

I knew nothing, until after she decided to take her life.."

As the caregiver finished her sentence, she couldn't hold her tears much longer and her tears rolled down from her face.

I stared at her belongings that were kept in a box, her school uniform, letters, and her pictures from when she was younger till now.

I was devastated at the news..

I looked up at the caregiver and asked, "Where is she now?"

[Your POV]

As I looked around the columbarium (a room or building with niches for funeral urns to be stored), it looked very modern and beautifully designed.

The interior walls were made of marble, and there were many different designs of the glass front niche and the rosettes.

Some glass niches are curved while some were straight, and there are different designs of the rosettes for the front niches, the floral and the pyramidal ones.

Inside the columbarium glass niches, we are able to see the cremation urns and personal items, such as pictures and flowers, placed with them.

As I searched around the floor, I came to a stop as I finally found it.

I stood in front of a columbarium niche, which has words engraved at the container, and just looked at the space inside it, without making any sound.

--Time Skip--

The atmosphere was so quiet that I could hear the sounds of the fan.

As I hear the approaching footsteps nearing me but suddenly came to a halt, I turned my head towards the direction of the sound.

Oh?

She's.. here..

To be continued...

------------------

Hello to my fellow readers, I don't know if you're still reading my book, but thank you for sticking with me even though I might take some time to update my chapters!! ♡

College life really took my freedom away and I barely had some me time T-T But still, I'll try my best to update whenever I can!

Once again, please continue to give this book lots of love and support^^ Thank you for reading♡♡