Constance

You wake up to see Tate sitting at the foot of your bed.

"I thought you left?" You asked in confusion as you pulled yourself into your elbows.

"I did, then I came back this morning." He smiled softly. His dimples were showing and you melted.

"Oh...stalker" you joked.

"Totally." He joked right back as you both chuckled.

"(Y/N), can you come to my house for lunch?"

"Yeah, why?"

"My mom wants to meet you." He says as he rolls his eyes. After all these years, you've never met Tate's mom. He never wanted you too. He was scared you would leave after you met her.

"Why?"

"She doesn't believe that someone really love me." You rolled your eyes. You could tell you wouldn't like her. "I know." He shook his head, you watched his blonde curls shake from side to side.

"If I come I'm not wearing a dress or anything fancy." He nodded. "I am not a fancy girl." He nodded again as he half laughed. "Can I play with Beau after lunch?"

"Yeah," His smile grew wider. "Do you really like them?" He asked as he played with his finger tips.

"I love them Tate, they are beautiful people with beautiful souls. "

"I'm gonna go ahead and go home. I have to set things up, I will see you later." You nodded as he crawled right back out the window.

A few minutes later you roll out of bed and begin getting ready. Your eyes scanned back and forth over the different types of outfits you had. You finally decide to wear your nirvana shirt with skinny jeans and your beat up Converse. You curl your hair and grab your bag.

You walk to Tate's house which is literally like three or four houses away from yours. When you get to Tate's house you hear yelling.

"What in dear God's name is that?" You mumbled as you moved closer to the house.
You try to listen to what they're yelling about.

*inside the house*

"Tate, you're so ungrateful!" I heard a woman's voice yell loudly.

"And you're a stupid hag!" I heard Tate yell back.

"I have given you every thing!" The other voice conquered his.

"Let's see," He started then paused. "No dad, an amazing house, and your boyfriend is pretty awesome too!"

"Larry loves you and me!" She argued back. You heard Tate something but you couldn't make it out. "Shut your filthy mouth!" You heard a loud smack then everything fell silent.

You decide to knock maybe that would break the tension.  "I'll get it." I heard Addie yell as her foot steps dragged towards the door.

"Hey Addie !" You said with such excitement in your voice.

"Hi (Y/N)!" She said with an equal amount of excitement. She hugs you tightly. She moved to the side allowing me to step inside.

"Tate's upstairs." She nodded in the direction of the steps.

"Thank you Addie." She nods and walks into the kitchen.

As you walk up stairs. You hear Tate talking to Beau. You quietly approached the bottom of the attic stairs.

"Beau, I really like her. I want her to be my girlfriend. I don't know what to do though. I don't think she wants a boyfriend right now. I mean I would understand. I want to save her, you know? She hurts herself just like I use to. Her parents fight, it hurts her. I hurt her and I can't lose her. She is my everything."

"I want a boyfriend Tate. I love you too, I was afraid you didn't love me like I loved you. You didn't hurt me, I hurt my self. You can save me, be my superhero. You can't lose me and you won't lose you." You whisper hoping he heard you but also hoping he didn't.

"Tate lunch! "His mother yelled as you jump at the sound of her voice filling the house.

"When did you get here?" He asked as he dropped his feet onto the doors.

"A few seconds ago." You lied not wanting him to know that you had heard him confess his love for you. You both smile at each other.

You both walk down stairs into the kitchen. He kept his arm wrapped around my neck. "(Y/N), this is my lovely mother Constance. " he said in a sarcastic tone

"Hi, how are you?" She asked, as you awkwardly waved at her.

"I'm fine, Ms. Langdon." She nodded as she dug around in her purse.

"Cigarette?" She asked as she pulled a carton of them out of her purse.

"Mom!" Tate scolded her.

"What? She might have needs." She stuck a cigarette in between her teeth. 

"Not right now, maybe later though" you winked. She smiled softly as she lit the cigarette.

"Addie lunch!" Constance yelled for her, you jerked again.

Addie runs in and grabs a plate a sits down next you. During lunch you learned about Tate when he was younger. You really understood Tate's life with only a mother, that truly didn't care. But that made you love him even more.