Halloween

It's Halloween and Tate can roam free tonight. You can hang out like you used to instead of in that old grimy basement. You weren't use to this but it was something you would grow to be okay with, for Tate.

*later on*

Addie is sitting with you and Tate in his room. She still doesn't know what happened to Tate, but Beau does. Beau was more than upset to here about Tate, but he still has his brother.

"(Y/N), guess what I'm going to be for Halloween!" Addie said in such excitement, hearing her voice made you smile.

"What?" You seemed enthused at her excitement.

"A pretty girl." You frowned at her, hurt she would think less of herself. She was so thrilled about her costume, why didn't she realize her own beauty.

"Addie, you already are a pretty girl." She shook her head violently as her long hair swung from side to side.

"No!" She yelled, upset.

"Yeah you are, ask Tate." You looked to Tate and he couldn't help but smile.

"Tate, am I a pretty girl?"

"Yes Addie you're pretty, actually you are beautiful!" He smiled at her as he placed his hand over hers.

"Not like (Y/N)." You smiled, but you were hurt.

"Um, I know she my girlfriend but you are just as pretty as she is. "

"Actually she is prettier." You state as Addie blushed. "Addie will always be prettier than me. She is beautiful inside and out. That is what matters." You placed your hand over hers.
Addie opens her arms and hugs both you and Tate as tight as she could.

*that night*

"Can you do my makeup?" Addie asked, running into your bedroom. You jumped, not realizing she had let herself in the house.

"Yes Addie." You placed your hand over your heart, it was racing.

"Thank you." She smiled at you before sitting on your chair, placed in front of your vanity.

"Come here," you patted your bed, she moved onto the bed where you told her too.

You sit there and do Addie's makeup and make her look beautiful although she already was.

-/

You and Tate went to the beach and had a picnic. You sat there and talked and talked for hours. Your night was interrupted, multiple times, by teenagers. They were annoying, and clueless.

On your way home you see a ambulance outside of Tate's house. "Tate, what's going on?" You asked, grabbing his arm.

" I don't know." He was just as confused. You both run up to see them putting Addie in a body bag. Tate starts to cry and you just hold him in your arms.

"Constance." Tate sucks up his tears before shouting in anger towards her.

"What?" She snapped at him, jerking her body around. She had tear filled eyes.

"W-What happened?" it was hard for him to look at her, he kept his eyes on the body bag.

"Addie wandered out in the street and someone hit her and ran." She said, harshly. She didn't have any sympathy towards Tate.

"Hit and run.." His fate voice fell. "Did you get her to the lawn?" He asked, raising his voice back.

"No!" She snapped again, she was an ungrateful person. She held her shaking hand over her mouth.

"Did you at least try?" You could hear the pain the the back of Tate's voice, you felt bad for him. He was losing his family, one by one.

"I did" her head fell, she stared at the ground before walking back to the house.

You watched tears fall down Tate's face, you rubbed his back. "Let's go to my house, and we can watch movies. We can try to get your mind off it." He nodded, following behind you to your house.