Tell me why you care || Inarizaki

Trigger warnings: depressed reader, suicidal reader, mentions of suicide, self harm, abuse, vulnerability.

This is a request for akaashit_zozo 

!Angst!

———

The mundane waves of sadness, frustration yet emptiness alike a black hole sucking up all of your emotions are overbearing.

Recently, you've felt like your emotions have gone downhill. The glimpse of hope and will to continue wake up every day has begun to fade away, along with your smile. That's why the backlash of having a rough day and several stress factors have caused you to fall into a hunch.

Deciding to get yourself together and go to your friend Haiyu for help and maybe a bit of comfort during this vulnerable state seems to be the smoothest way out for yourself . The overbearing and overwhelming thoughts are rummaging inside your head, forcefully causing you to slouch and walk slowly out of your classroom. Your class, 2.4, is as usual very quiet with a few people left, whispering the "gossip" that shouldn't be called gossip when it's known amongst all of the students.

Across the hall is the room of 2-3, Haiyu's homeroom.

You walk inside in hope to see your friend at her usual seat but because of the group of girls huddled around it, you decide to talk with some of your teammates instead. A group of girls that might or might not throw comments at you being friends with the Miya-twins is already enough to tick you off. Talking with your teammates seems to be the best choice right now.

After all, despite their sometimes cynical selves, they can be endearing and lovely. In their own ways, will say. Having managed the team during their slumps, ups and downs and emotional breakdowns have of course made the boys put full trust into you.

Still, you know you can't get the same care back.

Do you think you'll get a comforting hug and maybe even some upbringing words? No. Of course not.

But all you want is to push the thoughts out of your brain. If it would be possible, you would suck out your disgusting and irritating thoughts and throw them into a pit of lava and watch them burn while screaming in agony.

Well, sadly, that can't happen.

Ginjima pounds his fist into his desk as he laughs loudly at the joke Atsumu just blurted out. Was it even a joke? It was actually more of a mean comment towards someone innocent, yet Ginjima can't help but cackle.

Atsumu continues adding onto the joke, not even noticing how your frail figure holds the doorhandle with shaking hands and trembling lip. Your legs feel numb, alike your heart.

Ginjima finally notices you and stops laughing when seeing you almost ready to cry. He leaves the seat that he sat in front of Atsumu in and runs up to you. His cologne reeks, but smelling it up close still feels like being home. Or maybe at least cared for.

"Hey, you look bad. Are you okay?" He asks you and leads you towards the seat besides his.

The desks are paried two and two, with Ginjima in front of Atsumu. You decide to take the seat next to Ginjima while hiding your face behind your hair. Somehow, even if you always feel comfortable with them, you can't help being a bit uneasy.