Chapter 8: Our First Battle

A/N: Yeesh, this is the longest one I've typed! Settle down and get some snacks, cause this is a wild one. I'll add pictures later, but for now just enjoy the story. Hopefully there aren't any typos.

Edited: 6-14-21
--------------------------‐----------------------------------------

We all take refuge in the Village Chief's house. It's surprising how much room it has.

Soldier: There they are

Soldier: There they are. It looks like they've surrounded us in equal intervals.

Ainz: Do you have some idea of who they are?

Gazef: Only the Slane Theocracy can send out this many magic casters at once. And they're under the Special Ops unit directly under the Head Priest. It must be 1 of the 6 Scriptures.

Ainz: And the men who attacked the village earlier?

Gazef: Theocracy soldiers, no doubt. Looked like they dressed in Imperial armor to throw us off.

Ainz: As I thought. Does this village hold some significant value?

Gazef: If you don't know why they are attacking, then I'm assuming they're not after you, which means one thing.

Ainz: It appears you are quite despised, Chief Warrior.

Gazef: Well, lucky me. Indeed, to think even the Slane Theocracy wants me dead.

Momo: But those creatures look like Archangel Flames. Why is a monster from Yggdrasil here?

Gazef: Sir Ainz, I would like to hire you. I'm sure that your sister is a package deal. Name your price and I'll make sure you get it.

Ainz: Sorry, but I have to decline.

Gazef: Then very well, and thanks again. This village owes you gratitude, as do I. I am grateful, which is why I hesitate to ask. I know this is a selfish request. Please grant these people your protection one more time. I have nothing to offer you now, but I beg you: please!

Ainz: There is no need for you to go that far, Gazef. I understand. I will be sure to protect the villagers. I will even put the name of Ainz Ooal Gown on the line.

Gazef: Then I will have nothing to worry about. Instead, I will focus on the task before me.

Ainz: Take this, I insist.