Chapter 54: Establishment

After they leave, Shallty speaks up.

Shalltear: May I ask a humble question?

Ainz: Go on.

Shalltear: Why are we treating that human emperor as an ally when he's clearly so much weaker than us?

Albedo: All of our actions must be justified.

Shalltear: But why can't we simply take what we want?

Ainz: We could destroy Baharuth with ease, but we would be condemned for our aggression. I'll not have the name of Ainz Ooal Gown sullied so.

Ilios: Besides, getting what we want so easily is not how we work. It's efficient but boring. I'd rather work in the long term with the highest amount of entertainment and the least amount of casualties.

Cocytus: I see.

Mare: Oh, wow, you were really thinking ahead, Lord Ainz and Lady Ilios!

Demi laughs as if he knows something we all don't. Oh dear...

Demiurge: Do all of you truly believe that the thinking that the Supreme Ones' thinking is that simple? Huh?

Ainz and Ilios: Huh?!

Aura and Mare: Huh?

Cocytus: What?

Shalltear: Is there something we missed?

Albedo simply laughs, apparently in on it too.

Demiurge: Oh goodness. Lord Ainz. I think it would be beneficial to tell Shalltear and the others your true intentions. They affect our future plans, after all.

I'm sure he would sweatdrop if he could.

Ainz: As expected of you, Demiurge. Along with my Overseer of the Floor Guardians, Albedo. You've recognized my true thinking.

Momo: The hell is he talking about?!

Ilios: I can smell the bullshit all the way from over here.

He elbows me slightly.

Demiurge: It's amazing to think how long you've been planning. I finally see why you created Momon. It's brilliant. Your political acumen knows no bounds.

Ilios: Yes, truly. I totally get what you're saying. 100%.

Momo: Really? What does Momon have to do with it?

Shalltear: I still don't grasp your meaning.

Ainz: Demiurge. I permit you to explain my plan as I believe you understand it.

Demiurge: Yes, my lord.

He goes on to explain his reasoning. It makes sense, but it's crazy to think that he got all that from whatever information was lying around.

Demiurge: Yes. That's how he'll think. We can proceed with confidence that this is the emperor's plan. Men of some intelligence like himself, are often easier to read than fools.

Ilios: I can't believe you got all that from one encounter with the man.

Shalltear: So the emperor's plan is to turn one of us against the others while creating an alliance of human kingdoms behind Lord Ainz's back?!