Chapter 13: Broken Status Quo

A/N: I won't be able to do screenshots anymore, so I'll just be putting images I can find down.
--------------------------------------‐-------------‐--------‐---

After we collected our reward for saving not only Nfirea, but the town as a whole, we briefly met up with the Swords of Darkness. We moved up 2 ranks, obviously. Mythril plates look better honestly.

It seems that after going into something that's way over their heads, they decided that finding the actual Sword of Darkness would be safer and easier as a band of merchants in Re-Estize. I'm keeping their silver adventurer's tags for safekeeping.

Momon would stay in E-Rantel as an adventurer and seperate himself from them, but will remember them in good faith.

I'm currently in my chambers as Howler. For some reason, whenever I sleep in my bed it smells musky, like cologne. Must be the rich people smell. Demiurge HAS been awfully close with me, so I may as well pay him a visit later. I try to do so every day now that the other guardians are busy with their assigned tasks.

For now, I'm using a spy glass to watch and listen to Shalltear. It's made with high-tier magic, so I can clearly make out her and another man. It's kind of like television, and I've got nothing better to do.

 It's kind of like television, and I've got nothing better to do

???: A vampire, huh? Great. This'll be fun, very fun.

Shalltear: But you're all by yourself, sir! If I were you, I would call the rest of your friends. Then you might have a chance.

???: Don't need 'em. Those morons would only cram my style anyway.

Wow, he's so full of himself, I can't wait to see it all spill from his guts!

Shalltear: My, aren't you brave?

The vampire bride stepped forward, but Shalltear flung her into the wall and stepped forward instead

Shalltear: No, it's my turn.

???: My name is Brain Unglaus.

There was an uncomfortable silence.

Brain: ...And you are?