Chapter 17: "Civil War" Part 1

I am in charge of watching over the Guardians while we observe Ainz's battle with Shalltear

I'm sitting with Albedo, Cocytus and Demiurge as Ilios, just in case I need to jump in and stop anyone from leaving.

Demiurge: I have returned. Now then, care to tell me what's going on?

Albedo: You already know the answer to that. Everything Lord Ainz has told me was conveyed over Message.

Demiurge: I was referring to why you let him go without support.

Albedo: It was the master's call. I simply obeyed it. As I hope you intend to.

Ilios: Yeah. Ainz is the only one of us who can defeat Shalltear, even with his undead disadvantage.

Demiurge: Why did you not protest? We could have sent in minions in case this is a trap. If all the Guardians and the remaining Supreme Beings fought together, there isn't a force that could overtake us.

Ilios: If you read your messages, you would know that Ainz-bro doesn't want a single person from Nazarick to die or worse. I don't either. I care about all of you deeply and wholeheartedly.

Demiurge seems to blush from this and the other Guardians seem happy at this statement.

Demiurge: Well, I couldn't begin to guess the reason behind his decision. But it is obvious that Lord Ainz is lying to us. Don't pretend that you didn't notice it!

Ilios: DEMIURGE, CEASE YOUR DOUBT AT ONCE! I for one don't care if he was lying. That's because sometimes we lie for the benefit of the other person.

Albedo: He was quite adamant about defeating Shalltear with his own two hands. His pure determination was intense. And as a woman, seeing my love so resolute, I simply couldn't bring myself to oppose my dear Lord Ainz's wishes any further. It may have been irreverent of me, but I've decided I don't really care. Besides, Lord Ainz promised he would return to us. I know in my heart that he will do just that.

Ilios: Yeah, Albi's right. He cares as much as I do and he's not about to lose someone as important as Shalltear, nor is he simply going to abandon us like mere playthings.

Demiurge: So you made your decisions based on emotion instead of logic. Did you forget he is one of the last Supreme Beings that created us? It is our duty to keep him from danger. Even if that danger comes from his own actions.

Ilios: Well, Demi, how would you feel if I made a big mistake that cost someone very important to us, and I went to save them, on the condition that I'd come back to you alive and well?

Demiurge: Well...I...

He blushes more of the thought of me coming back into his arms.

Ilios: Exactly. I'd be fine and I'd bring back one an important member of Nazarick. No harm in that.