Chapter 55: Stalling

It's time for war! I have a feeling that Carne Village will need assistance, so I'm sending my AI Finch over there and going to assist Ainz-bro with the Empire. My consciousness splits in half so I can switch between bodies if needed. It takes a lot of concentration and magic though to continuously grasp the broken parts of my mind, but I'll manage.

 It takes a lot of concentration and magic though to continuously grasp the broken parts of my mind, but I'll manage

I stand before the Empire's knights with Ainz and Mare

I stand before the Empire's knights with Ainz and Mare. I change my appearance a bit so I still look like the form I presented to Jircniv. I have with me a gray hippogriff in case I need to get anywhere on the battlefield fast.

Soldier: We pay our respects to the Sorcerer King and Melee Princess!

Ainz: I appreciate your kind welcome.

Ilios: Thank you all.

Knight: Your Magesties. I am known as Sir Nimble Arc Dale Anoch. It's my honor to serve as your guide.

Ainz: We'll be in your care then. Forgive me for any trouble I might cause you.

Ilios: May I call you Sir Nimble?

Nimble: It's no problem, milady.

Cavalier: I am General Carvain. Pleasure to meet you. First off, I would like to thank you for assisting my regiment. We're honored to have you both fighting beside us.

Ilios: It's fine. How could we not?

Ainz: It was Emperor Jircniv's request. I'm glad I accepted. By the way, I hear you wish to signal the battle started with one of my spells. If that is the case, might I bolster our ranks with a portion of my own army?

Nimble: That would be a great help and honor, Your Grace. However, we plan to attack the Kingdom as early as the day after next.

Ainz: That won't be a problem.

Ilios: If things get out of hand I will help with damage control.

Ainz: Can you hear me, Shalltear? Open a gate right behind me. I have need of my soldiers.