XVIII • THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS

eighteen | le diable vient ici et soupire

Mikaelson Compound

Freya and Monique are in one of the spacious private studies upstairs, in which the older former is sketching a rough draft of a spell in an empty grimoire. However, she stops what she's doing when she hears footsteps pacing back and forth behind her; it's Klaus, who seems extremely anxious as he contemplates what may happen once Aurora de Martel drank the second serum. Two creatures that are even stronger than any Original and even able to murder an Original. Lucien is going to pay for what he did to Finn Mikaelson; as in, he bit him in order to threaten his sire for what's to come, because one hundred years of his life was taken away by compulsion.

Monique, who's standing before the blonde by the coffee table, looks up at him with concealed annoyance, "You know, that's not really helping."

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Freya, "She's right. You're hovering." Which means what he requires is to sit down, calm down, and think this through.

"Why don't you take a seat? Have something to drink." Monique suggested.

"That sounds like a lovely offer, though I'm supervising. How else to speed up your endeavors? Let's see. Perhaps I should bring Vincent here? Force him to aid you by removing his legs?" Klaus snapped impatiently at her.

"Be more predictable, Nik, it's working." Monique sarcastically said.

He earns an eye roll from Freya, "Vincent doesn't know how to kill Lucien either. Besides, if he leaves the St. James, who knows what the Ancestors will make him do next?" Regarding Lucien's deal with them in the first place; he would become extraordinarily stronger than any Original in exchange of Klaus Mikaelson's defeat. Perhaps Victoria was in on it as well.

A tired sigh leaves Monique as well, "I still can't believe that the Ancestors would side with Lucien. Nature won't allow an imbalance of power to walk the Earth, which means even he has a weakness. We've just got to find it." And they will not stop until it's found, in order to protect the Originals.

Just then, Elijah breezes into the room and joins them, "The Ancestors are thoroughly occupied, according to Davina, terrorizing our brother." No wonder he has lack of control ever since he came back to life as a vampire. The Ancestors most probably interfered with the utilized nexus vorti then.

"What a surprise! Another day, another witch-inspired vendetta." Klaus said.

"Well, Davina can take care of Kol for now. Monique's right, let us focus our energies on Lucien. How do we demolish that rodent?" Elijah questioned, urgent enough to know the weaknesses in order to protect his family, including his own sweetheart, who's more than fragile, to say the least.

"We're still working on it." Monique responded for the blonde witch.

"Yes! While we all have our roles to play, Monique and Elijah can stay here and oversee whatever Freya is doing. I'm going to actually accomplish something." Klaus walks toward the wide open door of the private study, and his seemingly-uneasy brother tries to stop him with little success.

Elijah takes a few steps toward him, "Brother, accomplishing something--"

Klaus quickly loses his temper, however, "--The time for talking is done!" Visibly frustrated, the old hybrid walks out the door without another word.

Later on, Monique watches as Freya remains sketching with a piece of charcoal. Her rough drafts are covering the coffee table, and Elijah is pacing impatiently back and forth as both he and his love are watching the witch.