XLI • WHAT, WILL, I, HAVE, LEFT

forty-one | qu'est-ce que je vais avoir laissé

Mikaelson Compound

Monique, Klaus, and Victoria are gathered somewhere in the Original's private study on the ground floor of the place, in which Caroline King (neé Forbes) has showed up not too long ago, early before dawn, with a report concerning Hope Kenner, who seems to have run away from the school.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves the younger hybrid, "Tell us you're kidding." Why would Hope do this? As if it's not bad enough that Hayley is missing.

"What do you mean, Hope's missing?" Klaus sternly questioned the blonde.

A shaky sigh leaves the undeniably anxious Monique, "I don't understand." She shakes her head a little in wonder and worry, "Why would she do this?"

"A few hours ago, she took off with a boy from school." Caroline reported, contemplating whether or not the boy is the teenager's very first boyfriend.

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Monique this time, unsurprised, "Roman."

Klaus sends a quick glance at the golden brunette at that in worry, "What?"

"Oh, that's just great. Now not only is Hayley missing and nowhere to be found, Hope's ran off with her new boyfriend. You know, you really should've made your sister place a boundary spell in your daughter's room and literally ground her to stay put." Victoria reminded the anxious Original.

"Victoria, please." Monique gently mentioned in order to coax her.

"We're looking for them. In fact, our entire Honors Tracking class is on it." Caroline, as the headmistress of the school, assured them, especially him.

Monique nods in well-understanding at that, "Thank you, Caroline."

She earns a cordial smile from Caroline in return, "Hey, that's my job."

"Yeah, and you better do it right." Victoria snapped in a stone cold tone.

"Who's this Roman boy? I'm going to kill him." Klaus sternly demanded.

"He's Hope's friend and her very first high school crush." Monique stated.

She earns an annoyed eye roll from Victoria at this, unsurprised, "Of course." How much this girl reminds her of her own twin sister is undescribable; how her own sister, Lillian LeClair, was extremely inseparable with her then until she encountered and fell in love with a witch once they were both fourteen.

"Yeah, it's so adorable." Caroline commented, which earns her a dirty look from the Original instead, to which her smile immediately drops at that.

"Yeah, maybe she ran away with him because she knew that she has to get your approval. Considering Hayley's not here to defend her when she knew all along how you'd react, she had no other choice." Victoria bitterly said.

"Victoria, if you really want to search for Hayley that bad, then you should've gone with Freya." Monique mentioned in burning annoyance.

"And Peter. I doubt that you're the most secure woman on Earth right now." Victoria reminded her, which earns her a simply annoyed eye roll in return.

"He agreed to let Hope bind herself. I think being 'secure' in our relationship really just doesn't matter anymore." Monique snapped in utter frustration.

"We can't pinpoint their location yet, but they seem to be heading somewhere just outside of New Orleans." Caroline considered aloud.

Klaus sends a quick glance at the golden brunette once more, "So she's coming home. Why?" Why would she run away in the very first place?