XXXIV • VOODOO CHILD

thirty-four | bébé vaudou

Mikaelson Compound

Elijah is seated behind his own desk in his own private study upstairs in silent consideration when he aggressively pushes a pile of the books, that was sitting on the desk, to the floor in frustration just as Victoria walks in.

"Whoa. Good morning to you too. I expected you to be happier now that you're back, but you didn't even touch your breakfast. I presume, this has something to do with the Missus regarding the pendant." She mentioned, genuinely curious and interested about the predicament in his relationship with Monique at the moment now that he has successfully awoken to life, considering she heard about the woman going through the red door deep in his subconscious and how he physically hurt her a lot, though she remains to love him anyway despite how horrible and twisted he can be at his core.

Elijah doesn't even bother to look at her as he considers aloud, "She's well aware that I'm evading her, considering I was the one who requested so." He had an early tense argument on this day's sun rise with his own girlfriend, which immensely upsets and disappoints him that he really is in no mood for anything humorous at the moment. Even he's aware that she knows that he would hurt her, or worse, once they're behind the red door, though she would dare say that she would rather die as long as it means that he's safe? She knows well enough how he would react to her selfish intention regarding his eventual safety, though she would dare to do that to him? His fury cannot seem to be put into words that it feels like all he desires now is to plunge his fist into someone's chest and rip their bloody heart out to relieve his burning frustration and heart-sinking disappointment. Ugh.

"And now you're pissed off because you upset her when she was the one who did it first. You're worried that this is going to kill her, but she keeps on defending you despite how horrible you are at your core. She loves you." Victoria easily read the predicament aloud, "Do you remember about us?" When they were entangled in a brief relationship back in the middle of the 1760's. She first met him for the very first time once she was practicing magic then as a witch/werewolf hybrid, after she triggered her curse as she was rescuing someone, at the local cemetery on her own. Once they grew to know each other even better to become great friends, she then became a part of the newest crop of recruits for the Originals and even Monique also.

How could he forget? The young man looks away at the casual reminder of their former relationship back in the 1700's then, "Victoria, please--"

"--You told me that I was one of a kind, considering I was the first to ever become what your brother should've been born to be. I was gifted, I feel special, and extraordinary, you made me feel special, that I was worthy. I loved you, I respected you, and now that I have found my place here back home, I realised that I still do. Unlike the rest of your exes, I never really held a grudge against you, because I never blamed you for the horrible things that your brother did, and you should know that I learned that from Monique. If I'm going to have to stay here, I'm going to have to learn how to tolerate your brother, and I do. Despite the horrible things that he has done, or even you, I'd still love you for it. Because it's you." Victoria confessed.

Klaus walks in to join them, "We should be celebrating your return, brother." Although even he's well aware of the tense argument he overheard this early sun rise between him and Monique, how interesting it really is to hear the drama circling around the pair once more; it's always the same story. Elijah would do something unforgivable, something horrible, Monique would defend him and remain by his side throughout it all because she loves him, though Elijah cares about her well-being and true sense of self, while Monique doesn't seem to mind about that as long as he's safe again.