What's with the attitude?

Hadi, for the first time, was a little early for the class and sat there on their table waiting for Mirha. 

He thought about Rohina, something he'd been doing for the past two days. He'd understood later that day when the news had spread that Rohina Jawwad left without completing her final year, and that was why she'd seemed so out of control and furious than he'd ever seen her. If she hadn't been in that state, she would never even have thought about slapping him. Of course, she hated him even more, now that after the incident she lost most of what she cared about, while he remained unscathed. Not that he was feeling sorry or anything, it was just pity he now regarded Rohina with. Leila was right, poor girl. And Sasha was right as well, good riddance.

The noise of a chair being scraped pulled him out of his reverie and he looked up to find Mirha, settling down as he kept her bag on the table. Taking out her own textbook from her bag, she noticed that Hadi hadn't taken the spare one from the shelf. Without giving him a single glance and not even bothering to greet him, like she usually did, Hadi noticed, she stood up and went to get the book.

After a moment, as Mirha came back and sat down, siding the book towards him on the table, he not noticed that she was dressed quite strangely, yet surprisingly appealing today: a scarf of bright red on her head, a yellow knee length kameez, and violet trousers with contrastingly different socks, all the colors that didn't even match.

"What are you wearing?" He asked, eyebrows raised, eyes filled with amusement, as he gazed at Mirha looking down at her wringing hands and worrying her lower lip, waiting for him to start with the lecture. 

"Unusual Day." She muttered, still without bothering to look at him. 

Hadi gave a soft laugh. "And you decided on wearing a rainbow?" 

Mirha raised her gaze at Hadi, offended by the comment.  It was her younger sister's idea, when she'd called home asking for suggestions for unusual day's dressing. She liked it pretty much and immediately settled on the one. "It's not a rainbow," she said in clipped tones. Who does he think he is, kissing some girls and making fun of the others? "It's a really nice idea of wearing contrastingly different colors."

Hadi simply stared at her, while Mirha fidgeted in her seat, dropping her gaze somewhat uncomfortable by his stern regard. 

"What's with the attitude?" He asked after a pause.

"What?" She looked up, bemused by his tone and worried whether she was too obvious in expressing her distaste for his kiss he was being scandalized for.

"What's.with.the.attitude?" He repeated, emphasizing every word.

Shaking her head, she said quietly. "Nothing." 

Hadi arched an eyebrow. "Mirha I want you to speak up." 

She heaved a breath, trying to calm her racing heart at the mention of her name for the first time. She hesitated before she finally said, "My roommate showed me your picture with - with the girl, that's been circling around the university on Facebook."

"And?"

"Do you really go around doing it with random girls?" She rushed before she could have stopped herself from uttering. Her father was right when he said she should consider before saying anything to anyone. 

"And you care because?"

Mirha shrugged. "I didn't take you as a guy like that. You know it's not a good thing to-"

"Fuck!" Hadi laughed, to which Mirha gasped. "You sound so ridiculous."

"You said the word!" Her eyes almost popped out. She had never ever heard anyone say that word before, that too with such blatant disregard of moral ethics.