What about her?

"Mm." Sasha interrupted hastily and swallowed down the glob of chewed up chips, the packet of which she held in her left hand. "Last night was an absolute nightmare honestly. I stayed up all night for the stupid exam and chugged down four mugs of cappuccino."

"Though all in vain." Ma'az snickered as he jumped up to sit beside him. 

"Hey shut up!" Sasha fluttered her lashes as she provided the git with a kick of her sandals on his shin.

Ma'az winced. "Bitch." He muttered under his breath.

"So you got everything right this time or not?" Rafay smirked as he landed his hand on Ma'az's knee. 

"Am I a punching bag or what?" He grunted. "And no, I think I got a couple of questions wrong."

"As usual, moron." Bilal scoffed. "What about you though?" He turned to Hadi who was listening to them quietly with a faint smile playing on his lips.

"I guess I got one wrong." Hadi shrugged. 

Ma'az groaned. "I'm telling you guys, hundred percent is impossible with Miss Tab, that old hag." 

"Five wrong." Leila piped in.

"Six or seven I'm not sure." 

"A few of them right." Bilal murmured with a scowl. 

"Seriously Hadi, I thought you might lag now that you have that girl to take care of." Ma'az mused.

"You thought you pipsqueak or you hoped?" Leila rolled her eyes.

Hadi made go with a shrug. He didn't feel like discussing Mirha with the others, he felt slightly irritated.  

"Hey, what do you think about her then?" Bilal turned to Hadi and asked.

A muscle twitched in his cheek. "What about her?"

Bilal shrugged and opened his mouth to reply when Sasha spoke up instead.

"When are you going to be done with her really?"

"Yeah, when?" Bilal asked, eyebrows raised. "I'm really eager to get a taste of her." He grinned.

Rafay hooted.

"Why don't you just let her be really?" Ma'az said, sounding unsure. 

"Oh shush, Ma'az. She gotta be punished for her insufferable annoyance." Sasha proclaimed and Hadi couldn't have disagreed more. "It's better to finish off by the end of the year, the last day is in fact better. We'd be gone the next day."

"I absolutely agree." Bilal nodded. "Alright Hadi?"

"Right." Hadi muttered and got down to his feet, adding hastily. "Look, I need to be home early today. See you guys on Monday Kay?" He picked up his bag from the ground and said, eyebrows raised.

"Yea sure bro." Ma'az nodded. 

---

Her roommate had to be in the library, now that she was feeling better, Mirha thought as she entered into the empty room, tossing her shoulder bag on the bedside drawer.

Today was a tiring day at work, because of course more people tend to come shopping on weekends. In fact she had to work overtime for four more hours, because the customers who came a little before the closing time took that much of a time to finish up. To say that she was exhausted would be an understatement. There was a heavy pounding in her head as if a giant metal box was resting on her forehead and her eyes watered every few minutes. It wasn't easy and certainly not a child's play to manage studies with work. Her weekends were always wasted, leaving her with only the weekdays to cope up with the tests and assignments and her own preparation for the final module exams and all the vivias. Thank God, the tuition with Hadi was proving to be quite effective, she was literally beginning to grasp the true understanding of all the concepts and theorems and was doing quite well in self assessment, she could gladly admit. All in all, Hadi was an outstanding teacher and an angel in disguise. She felt herself buried deep in debt for all his help but could do nothing in return other than pray.

Lying down on the bed she contemplated calling home, missing terribly her sister whom she was the closest, reminiscing about her brother's mischiefs and pranks and their playful behavior, gripped with a heart-twisting feeling of homesickness. 

Everyone one would be asleep, it was expected, her family being the early risers and early sleepers. So she dropped the idea of giving them a call, deciding to do so in the morning.

Who would have thought Mirha would have to come to the city to study let alone for work. Had her father not died she would have made do with just a high school graduation following which she would have been expected to get married, and gladly so. 

Even though she had never thought about landing in this particular situation, she hadn't ever felt overwhelmed by the sudden responsibilities, accepting it as her duty, bound to which because of being the eldest in the house, expected to take care of her siblings. 

Now she was tired, five months into the first year and to think there were three more years to worry about brought tears to her eyes. 

It wasn't easy to spend every day of every month, and every month of every year working like a machine, worrying like a mother and studying like an average yet eager to succeed student.

Life was hard. Harder than the struggle of poverty. A few months in the city taught her that.

Life was unfair too,  Mirha was yet to be shown that.

---