I love you

He had brought her to the apartment he'd bought for them. They'd be shifting here soon after the reception. But he wanted to show her around before it came to that. The two weeks that went by felt like bliss, a bliss so strong they felt numb. Sometimes you're so happy it makes you cry.

"What's that?" She pointed to the basket in the corner. They were in the lounge, Mirha was looking out the glass wall when she turned around and noticed.

Hadi shrugged, the corners of his lips tugged up. "A basket."

"What for?"

Before he could have answered, a tiny shadow glided past the room and Mirha almost gave a start, eyes wide.
"A cat!"

"Kitten to be precise." He said with a lazy smile, as he began to take leisurely steps towards her.

Her hand went up to her mouth. "Thank you." She breathed.

"My pleasure." He drawled, amusement dancing on his face.

"This flat is beautiful. And the kitten...you remembered?"

"I remember everything Mirha Maher." He was closing the distance between them, making his presence known ever more. Mirha was profoundly conscious, her heartbeat had already begun to accelerate.

"Is there anything I can give you in return?" Her voice came out squeaky, she almost cringed.

"There is actually." He said as he moved even closer, now just a foot away. Mirha could feel the heat of his body. She had never been this close to any man ever before.

"What?" Tipping her head a little back to look at him, she rasped.

"You could . . . give me a kiss." He said with a slight shrug.

She stared at him as heat rose to her neck and face. Her heart gave a loud thud against her chest and she wished Hadi didn't hear that.

"No?" He arched an eyebrow, trying to hide the hurt that was forming on his features.

Mirha let out a throaty laugh, and rose to her tiptoes as she planted a gentle kiss on his cheek. She felt Hadi tense and could swear she would faint if he didn't step away.

"Okay?" She said as she pulled away, her ears burning.

Hadi let loose a nervous laugh. "Yeah."

And then he  closed the distance, leaned in and whispered into her ear, "Can I?"

Immensely aware and responsive to his body flushed against hers, feeling the edges of his toned muscles, sharp sparks of pleasure began to glow in Mirha's stomach. She nodded over the wild drumming of her heart.

And then her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and his mouth trailed down the side of her neck, form her ears down to the collar bone, and he was already breathing hard, his heart racing against her own.

"God, I love you Mirha." He said hoarsely, his voice rough against her skin, "I love you."

The sun above them, saw it all. Witnessed all that prevails on the Earth, with something akin to sorrow and with something akin to wonder and relief. It's on the same face of the earth that peoole rip clothes and rape the defenseless, and where people know how to love, how to clasp hands and vow to stay together for life, and stand by it. It's indeed a strange world to inhibit an even stranger race. All humans have the same mind and yet some choose the path of wrong, believing that there is, nor ever be any accountability to exist. They do it very naively so.

It's sad how people commit deeds to wrong others, and instead in the long run are the ones who are affected the most. Perhaps it's time we should start reflecting on our own actions, and for once give no heed to what others are doing. Up in the skies, we'd be answerable to our own efforts after all.

Let's try to find happiness among the people that we have, instead of looking for it with the ones we don't, and might not ever do too.

---

The End