[12] burnt orange

Please vote and comment and share if you happen to like the updates :)

Happy reading.

burnt orange: deceit

A harsh noise blared near my ears, almost deafening and deadly. Men screamed for their lives while someone pierced a rusty knife inside them. Over and over again. I stood right in front of the man who had caused this chaos, silently with my wobbly legs. He hadn't noticed me, yet.

But for how long?

My fear transpired into reality when the man halted his actions. Tilting his head from his crouched position he looked up at me. Even in the dark, his gaze burned right through me, melting my last piece of hope at life. I tried to move away but my legs were frozen to the ground. Words scratched the dry vacant walls of my vocal cords but nothing could produce a thread of noise.

Even if I did, he'd probably rip my pipes before anybody could hear me. I knew that. Even in the dark, his hooded eyes held that promise. After what felt like hours he took a step towards me. I could make out his features. His nose, his eyes, his lips. But I didn't know how they would look when seamed together.

Everything was so clear yet blurry at the same time. The room was fluid and when he took a step closer, they merged with my body.

I knew my eyes were wet. I could feel the sensation but there were no tears. Only me heart clenched. In no time, I felt a cold liquid gushing outside. It was coming from my body. I looked down, to see a knife dug inside my stomach, but there was not even a tinge of pain.

Blood should not be this cold but it was. The room was chilly just like him and the cold blood in his veins. My heart ruptured, making confetti of crimson red all over the room, and it mixed with the fluid walls around me.

He took one more step, closer to me, twisting it deeper and if he moved a little bit closer I would see his face. He had a smile on his face — a kind one, as if he was releasing me from this misery. But I wasn't done yet so I moved closer. Letting the knife rip my insides silently, just to get a glimpse of the man who was ending my life.

His name should be engraved in my breath. His name that I did not know. But I would remember his face. I wanted to, only if I could see him.

My body jerked again, a painless death loomed over me and I held him close. A faint pale light cast on his side. They had come to take me and as if they were granting my last wish. I could finally see him, he looked—

"Charlotte,"

My name was poisonous to my ears. A tremor ran down my limbs, jerking it back to life, and I trailed my hand down to my stomach to feel the similar fluid. I couldn't breathe properly. The air got tangled in my alveoli, panic struck and I opened my eyes to see a figure looming over me.

I shot up straight, intending to scream but it hurt to even utter a word.

The figure moved, keeping something on a nearby platform, making a noise that made my head pound harder. Everything seemed to intensify and the light was blinding me dry.

I rubbed my eyes vigorously trying to gain clarity of my vision.

Emma.

She stood beside the bed, with her hands on her hips with a troubled expression.

"Char?" Her words were noise to my ears just like the previous time. I looked down to check the wet fluid on my stomach. Water dripped down from my chest to my stomach, making my t-shirt material wet. "You were trembling and I couldn't wake you up, so I sprinkled some water." She added, and I felt the bed dip a little beside me. "You moved, so it went down."