[18] morning blue

Don't forget to vote and comment and share the story if you like my updates! It helps my story grow and your help would mean a lot. :)))

🚯

Six months back I had felt a whirlwind of emotions for a man I did not quite understand.

Perhaps a whiny need, a hormonal thrill to my mundane life.

No matter how many times my mind had slipped into those lanes I had tried my best to deviate away. I had avoided any sort of meeting that was associated with the Ferreros. Emma had attended the meetings and subtly bent her way to keep me out of them, thankfully. Six months later when a part of that world sauntered their way back to me, I did not know how to articulate the ocean of emotions that had surged all at once.

"What are you doing here?" My voice held the same surprise, if not more, laced with a lump of uncertainty.

Piero was not someone I had expected to meet here.

"I came here for you." He muttered, his tone wary, deep, his gaze shifting around the restaurant arena. 

"What?" A nervous chuckle etched my dry throat, unaware of words and unaware of the situation. 

I always had to concentrate harder when the man spoke, to make sure I wasn't hearing it wrong because of the way heavy accent intertwined with his words. Piero took a stride closer. "Come with me."

"No." I blurted, taking a stride back. "Are you following me?"

The uncharismatic man checked him phone, slid it back and answered. "I went to your father's place. He said you had already left."

The fact that he went to my father's place early in the morning was a little alarming. I crossed my arms over my chest, in a way to protect myself. From what? I was yet to know. But like every other time, there was something eerily disturbing about Piero and every other person who associated with Luca. "Why did— how did you even know my address?"

"I will explain." My stumbling words were cut off by his sharp tone and I could tell he was exerting himself to be polite. His actions hasty and words rough and Piero did not do a thing to hide that fact. Like always. "Follow me."

"No?" My answer was more of a question. Anything that was related to the Ferreros was bad news for me. And the fact that all these men had the audacity to make decisions on my behalf was astonishing as if I was some kind of stiff sac.

Piero sighed lightly, tearing his fingers through his hair he made it more disheveled and I realized how attractively his features knitted all together. Clearing my throat, I looked away, disappointed. I still did not recognize what my genes were lacking. The woman behind the counter was busy taking orders from other people and I was reminded again that Piero had paid for my order. How long had he been waiting here? I snapped towards him, trying to muster the most strict expression, and opened my mouth to form something sensible.

"I will drop you at your place." He was fast to cut me off before I had even started. My lips pressed in a thin line, clearly unsatisfied that he thought that was the solution.

When the solution was a simple answer, why? "My ride is waiting outside." I stated pointing outside at particularly nowhere, with a hint of exhaustion.

I looked behind him noticing the area had filled up with people and the low chatter was now turned into a bustle. My eyes didn't bother to roam but I couldn't push away the heavy presence of a stare I felt. But I didn't from where it was coming.

I removed my eyes from an old man having his breakfast alone in the corner booth to check my surroundings when my eyes fell on a man — the source.