Prologue/Backstory

(ok so this is my first book so good luck me. anyways this book was inspired by a gacha video that I watched I was gonna put it attention top but found out it was taken down by the owner its really sad I loved that series, anyways enjoy this book if there is ever fluff or smut ill put a warning)

(Marinette pov)

It's been 3 years since I moved. During my stay, I was crowned princess and have continued my studies. I continued to take every single martial art technique including knife throwing and shooting as well.

I really miss my teacher miss bustier, she was the only one besides Nino that believed me instead of Chloé and Lila. I've kept in contact with her for the past 3 years, she has said the class had found out about the lies and regretted bullying me.

The old me would have already excepted their apologies, but I'm not the old me. The old me was just an act. An act that Nino and I had to keep.

Nino also took those classes with me. Nino is my cousin and my bodyguard though he didn't show it when we moved to Paris and there is a reason.

Before we moved to Paris we lived at the castle. One day we were in the garden playing around when all of a sudden we heard gunshots. We went to where the shots were heard and saw people all in black with guns. We also saw a bodyguard laying on the floor with blood coming out.

We were terrified, we then saw my parents King Felix and Queen Brigitte running, telling us to get on the private jet. We were confused but followed their orders. When we got there my mother told me "You're gonna go to Paris and live with your aunt Sabine and uncle Tom" I questioned "Why what about you?" she gave a brief explanation. She then said that it wasn't safe here and I needed to go because my mother's brother, Uncle Josh wanted her and her family dead so he could take the throne.

I questioned if she and Dad would come with us, and she said they will stay back and run the kingdom until I come back for my coronation when I turn 14. I may have been 5 at the time but I understood what had to happen. I said goodbye as the jet took off.

I wanted to cry but it wasn't the time I looked at Nino and told him what had happened and what we were gonna do when we go to Paris.

My real name is Mariana which meant "rebellious woman" and it was true. Nino was Nicholas' code name. His real name meant "victory of the people" which made sense. As well as our names being changed, the way we act and dress changed.

Instead of dresses and straight hair, I wore a white t-shirt, a black blazer jacket, and pink sweatpants. I had my hair in pigtails and put pins to make it look short. Nicholas(Nino) wore a red cap, black-rim glasses, a blue t-shirt with a design on it, dark blue jeans, red and white sneakers, and headphones around his neck to top it off.

My part of the act was having to be clumsy and late all the time and my "dream" was to be a fashion designer. Nicholas(Nino) didn't have to change much but his "dream" was to be a DJ. Instead of being cousins, we were childhood friends.

When we arrived at our aunt's house we agreed that Nino stayed with his grandparents and I stayed with Aunt Sabine and Uncle Tom.

We also agreed that we are to continue training. So every morning around 4:00 Nino was to come over to my house to train. From 4:00 to 4:30 we talk about what might be happening in China and when we should go back. From 4:30 to 5:30 we would study a language, switching the language each day by following the order. From 5:30 to 6:00 we meditate to clear our minds and prepare for training. From 6:00 to 8:00 we train our knife work, martial arts, and shooting. Nino leaves at 7:30 to shower and change for school while I stay and train since I'm supposed to be the "late girl".

Whenever I get to school I lie about being late saying I slept in when in reality Nino and I spend all morning working.

If you have read this story plz comment with some feedback for anything I can change or any ideas, thank you I hope u enjoyed this chapter/book so far. 796 words