finale.

"Oh, Rae." I hear you whisper.

I kneel beside you.

"I can't find the words to tell you how much I miss you. I can never find the right sentences. I want you back," you sniffed, lowering your head in great lamentation. "I'm so sorry."

There goes the tears.

The second I leaned my head on your shoulder, you began singing - almost whispering - the lyrics to the lullaby that had our hearts flaming in madness and in such passion that no one would even consider to translate.

And I'll always love you

Deep inside this heart of mine

I do love you

I rested my head on your lap, just the way you did before, and looked intently at you. It felt like you were singing the lullaby to me. 

And I felt so alive over and over again.I didn't feel dead. And for a moment, I thought I was really there. I thought that I haven't really been gone. That I still exist.

I sang along.

And I'll always need you

And if you ever change your mind

I'll still, I will love you

Oh, Neil. If only you knew.

If I had the chance, I would really change my mind, kiss you right then and there, and we would have the happily ever after we have been waiting for.

I reached up my hand to touch your face, trying to dry your cheeks and brush away that frown. But my hand went through your flesh and I realized I really am nothing but a hopeless soul.

Yet I knew you felt my touch.

Because you immediately drifted your head up. And what came out of your mouth was a name you have been stating for almost every day of your life, and for your whole existence.

"Rae?"

I shot up, still staring back at you. "Neil?"

You didn't hear anything.

"Goodbye, Neil." I whispered to your ears when I turned around. And I walked away. Away from you. Away from the hopelessness I might not handle.

I spin my head back to you. "I still love you."

But before I was completely out of that place, I heard you say, "Oh, Rae. If only you knew. I never stopped loving you.

I never, ever did."