Prologue

Trigger warning: Arguing, possible divorce, Character emotional trauma, injury and possible death.
...

I felt like I was cornered, but I wasn't. I was just hiding in the closet, listening to the angry screams of Tom and Maddie, but they weren't yelling at me.......they were yelling at each other! What was going on? Is the Donut Lord being the Jerk Lord again? Did he shoot another cute animal with those sleeping darts?

I don't know what is going on but I really should go talk to them! No Sonic! You can't do that! remember last time Tom and Maddie where fighting and you try to ask what's going on? Remember? Yeah! Yeah! I know! Tom snapped at me and Maddie got even more angry at him! He never snapped at me in a very long time and I never saw Pretzel Lady that angry before. That's why I don't really talk to them ever since that incident and go up to my room and do stuff.......alone.

I just hated that word: alone. That word always tears a little crack in my heart. I was alone for 10 years before I met them and I was living with them for only 2 years and I was starting to feel alone again.

But that night I heard something that changed my life forever: "If I haven't met Sonic, we won't be like this!" Tom scolded, "oh so you're blaming on him now?" Maddie defended " he didn't do anything wrong, Tom!" " he's just a hedgehog, Maddie" Tom screamed "A stupid hedgehog!" those last two words shattered my heart into 1 million pieces as I begin to feel tears streaming down my face. After that I heard them talking about a "divorce". I don't know what the heck is that! But well I did know is that.........they were going to break up.

I couldn't take this anymore, if Tom don't want me Anymore, so be it! He was never the Donut Lord! He was the Jerk Lord and he'll always will be! So with that I packed my things, grab my pouch of rings and took one out.

I looked at a map of the world.
Let's see.....
Paris?
Nah!
China?
Nope!
Australia?
Heck no! Definitely not!
OK! What about........Canada?
A peaceful country!
Perfect!
I took the map just in case I need to go somewhere else as I held my ring in my hand and threw it, making a portal as I went through it, after looking back at my home one last time.

But as soon as I stepped out of the portal, I was struck by A frost biting coldness as it surges through my fur. That's when I realized that Canada is not just a peaceful country, it's also a pretty cold country due to it being in the north.

But before I could look around even more....

*BANG*

A loud blood chilling bang was heard as I felt goosebumps all over my body. I wanted to run but what if the one who was shot was still alive somehow? So I slowly walked in the direction where the bang was heard as I stepped on something hard and wet under my foot as I looked down to see a moose corpse under my feet. I then heard footsteps from a mile away as an old man comes towards me and the corpse with a large rifle in his hand.

I just froze in place, my fur was wet with sweat and I began trembling. Oh crap! I forgot! Canadiens are not so peaceful to animals, let alone weird aliens like me!

I was able to run away before the man could shoot me. As I ran I was blinded by nothing but fear. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I was pretty much going the wrong way because several branches and twigs gave me several cuts and bruises all over my body but mostly on my face and arms. But when I finally stopped, my legs felt like they're about to come off due to how fast I was running. I looked around one last time and the hunter was not there. Oh thank god! That was a close one! I thought I was going to get....

But before I finished my thoughts, I saw a light in the corner of my eye as I saw a car speeding right towards me. I tried to run away but sadly, due to my tired legs, I wasn't fast enough as I felt a smacking pain in my hip before the world went black.

To be continued......