Chapter 1

Trigger warning: Blood, Minor car violence and mentioning of alcohol use.
...

20 hours earlier.....

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Uuuuggggh!!!!! Shut. Uuuuuuuuuup! Stuuuupiiiiid ALAAAAAARRRRRRRRM!!!!!!!

It took several punches to turn off that stupid alarm as I get out of bed for the last day of school.

My name is Riley Hunter. I am 16 years old and I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. If you don't know what autism is, it's a developmental disorder Which characterizes difficulties with social interaction or/and communication. I like Minecraft, Wolves, dogs the RMS Titanic, art, tech and of course. science. my favourite kind of science is Space I learned about constellations the solar system and The difference between a planet and a dwarf planet.

When I was three, I didn't talk as much like this, to be honest I didn't speak at all, not even a word. But my mom and dad never gave up on me, they gave me therapy, they homeschooled me A little bit, until I was five; Old enough to go to school at WMA (William Mercer Academy).

Because of my autism, a lot of people thought I was weird and crazy and they avoid me, well all except my classmates of course, they were nice but I still feel like a burden to them.

But one day when I turned 13, I saw girl sitting alone on the bus. she was about a year younger than me and she looked so sad. I didn't want her to be alone so I sat next to her and introduced myself.

Her name was Echo!

She is right now 15 years old and we pretty much have the same interests

She is right now 15 years old and we pretty much have the same interests. She loves Minecraft and dogs and science as well. We became best friends immediately and we hung out every single day.

But Echo was not the only friend I had, I also have a friend from a college school named Jacob.

He was one year older than me and he was a Cutey! I had a crush on him for a while until I realized that he and Echo were dating

He was one year older than me and he was a Cutey! I had a crush on him for a while until I realized that he and Echo were dating. I was upset of course but I just shrugged it off quickly. Besides, I'll find someone soon.

Anyways, today was the last day of school and I was really excited because we're going to have prom and Echo is inviting Jacob to it. I didn't invite anyone else because two people I would invite was not other than Echo and Jacob.

Anyways, The prom was great. We took lots of pictures and selfies and the teachers says really nice things that made me cry. But when it was soon time to leave Me, Echo and Jacob met at the hallway. "Hey Rea!" Echo greeted, I just greeted her with a smile "we are going to Jacob's for the night" Echo told me "we're going to have a movie night, have some beer, all of that stuff for graduates" "Echo, this is prom, not graduation!" I corrected her " Plus my mom's gonna kill me if you find out I was drinking!" "Then don't drink!" Echo said "just drink Coca-Cola with popcorn while watching the new Sonic the hedgehog! While we party like REAL graduates!"

I could see Jacob mouthing Echo to stop acting that way towards me. Jake (short for Jacob) is a non-violent dude and he barely punched anybody, I'm not even bullies.

I didn't want to make them upset so I agreed to come over, but as long as they don't let me drink any alcohol or beer due to me being under age. I just learned that Jacob owns an rented house now due to him running away from the parents who were abusive.

So when the prom is over please jump in to Jacob's Ford Mustang, which looks like Bumblebee from Transformers, and drove to Jacob's apartment.

It was taking a while due to it being far away in Gander Bay so We decided to turn the radio on bust as we listened to our favourite artist Carrie Underwood.

(listen to the song above while you read)

We were too busy listening to the music that we didn't really watch where we were going as we heard a jarring thud on the left light as we snapped back to reality and Jake slammed on the brakes.

(Music stops)

I was completely stunned. What happened? Did we hit something?..........or worse someone?

I was the first one to get out as I looked at the front of the car. The left headlight was cracked but there was something more shocking then that. "Holy cow! Is that Blood?!" Echo screamed when she saw a thick red liquid on the headlight "Jacob! You hit something!" "Bu-But you had the Music was on bust and I can't hear a thing!" Jacob snapped, "oh so you're blaming on me now?!" Echo snaps back "ugh! This is just bull—" "ECHO!!!" I yelled before she swore. Ec (that was short for Echo) just rolls her eyes and walked away.

I looked at Jake who is cursing quietly at the damage of his brand new car. "don't worry J" I said with confidence in my voice "as soon as we get to your place, we can fix it! Do you have a garage?" Jacob nodded as we suddenly hear Echo's voice from a few feet away. "Uhhh....guys?" Echo trembled "You need to see this" "what is it now Ec?" I grumbled as me and Jacob walked to where she's to. There we saw something really strange, And I mean REALLY strange.

There, in The not really deep ditch, was a blue humanoid creature with gloves and red and white sneakers. It was was laying there, unconscious, with a large bleeding gash on the left side of it's hip—that's when we knew that that weird blue alien was the thing that we hit.

Echo was hysterical when she saw him, but not because that he was weird looking, it was because he was a small animal and Jacob hit a small animal with his car. And I don't know why I'm calling that thing a "he" but I Learned in some of my studies is that some male animals like hedgehog and deer have more accessories on them like back spikes and antlers and this dude has two large back spikes on his back, so......yeah, he is PROBABLY a male.

I couldn't just leave this thing here to die so while Echo and Jacob were arguing, I took off my sweater so I can use it to pick up the wounded creature and try to stop the bleeding from his hip. While I was wrapping one of my sweater sleeves around his injury, he let's out a small, weak low-pitched moan; yep, he's definitely a boy.

I then carefully pick him up in my arms like how someone sometimes carries a sick or injured girl or a child to the hospital. I could see his weak head Pressed to my chest like he was listening to my heartbeat. Echo and Jacob just finished their argument and saw me tending to the creature. "where should we go?" Echo asked in a worried tone "Jake's place is still far away and that thing needs some treatment ASAP!" "yeah" Jacob added "besides, I don't have a first aid kit at my house" I thought for a minute, my mom is going to freak out when she sees this thing in my bag but she's also a veterinarian and, just like me, she won't leave a wounded animal to die. "just bring me back home" I said "Please!".

Jacob nodded as he jumped back into his car with Echo in the passenger seat. I got in the backseat while hugging the creature tight as Jacob turned back around and speeded me back home.

As soon as we got to my house, I felt a slight movement in my arms as I saw the injured animal beginning to stir a little bit. I was able to get a glimpse of his eyes, his pale emerald green eyes as we slightly made eye contact. The last thing I said before getting out of the car as the creature once again passes out in my arms was:

"you're going to be OK, little buddy. Just be strong for me.....ok?"

To be continued......