Chapter 5: May The Best Teacher Win

Hello everyone, this one is going to be a shorter Chapter!

I hope you enjoy it!

------

September 1

The day had come when all the children had come to Hogwarts, and I was quite nervous to see all the children.

It had been so quiet without them that when I heard all these new voices around, I forget what sound was.

The bustle of children had escaped the doors of the great hall as I waited outside the door.

I slowly took a deep breath and began to walk, seeing all of the teachers already at their respected seats.

I walked with pride in my dark blood red dress, and my hair placed in a half up and down style.

(I wanted curly hair but couldn't find any

(I wanted curly hair but couldn't find any. Also, this is what it would look like)

My curls resided eloquently on my shoulders, and my makeup was down to a T with my dark black lipstick on point.

Unfortunately, I had sit next to Severus, who was the only available seat.

He was placed on the far right side of the table. However, Hagrid was also there, so it was not that bad.

I heard the whisper of children as I walked by. I made sure I was graceful and poised. The children whispered, and I could listen to the small stories.

"Who is she?"

"Is she the new teacher?"

"I heard she worked as an Auror."

As I sit down, I found Severus frowning horribly and looked almost in pain.

I leaned over to Severus on which he did not notice.

"Severus, did you sit on a pixie, or have you drank some Polyjuice potion that makes your face look so distorted," I said softly.

Severus was taken back by this, and I could tell his ears were somewhat red.

His voice was somewhat shaky, but he said in a low husky grumble. It sent a shiver down my spine.

"If you must know Athena, I am thinking about the school year. And which lucky students will be sorted into Slytherins and sorry fools into Gryffindors."