Chapter 9: Fade Into You

Today's is pretty short but simple.

I hope you enjoy it!

***

As all the children and staff began to leave the great hall after dinner. Hagrid, Severus, and I had stayed somewhat behind to make sure all had left. I was about to leave with Severus and Hagrid when I  stopped by a beautiful woman. 

( Professor Aurora Sinistra In All Her Glory)

Her hair was as dark as the night sky, and her eyes like two dark brown orbs full of wonder. Her skin glowed as the moonlight touched her dark black skin.

She walked to me in such an eye-catching way.

I was surprised I had not noticed her. She wore olive robes, and her hat had constellations all over her hat.

"Hello Professor Cullens," she said, her tone smooth like honey.

I tried to remember her name, and finally, the name came up.

I smiled with pride. "Professor Sinistra, I don't  think we fully introduced ourselves."

Professor Sinistra was taken aback when I knew her name. She put on a faint smile.

"Yes, I do agree. I am a new teacher like yourself, but I teach astronomy." Her voice was calm and sophisticated. She was somewhat taller than me.

"I was wondering if I may request your help as an assistant."

I was surprised by her request. I pointed at myself, wondering if she was talking about the right person.

She nodded, somewhat confused by my gesture.

I smiled confusedly at her conclusion that I would be the best person for the job. "I do not mean to seem ungrateful for this wonderful opportunity, but I was wondering why you would want me." I pout on a smile, trying not to crack.

"Well, I heard from the children that you were an amazing teacher and knew how to conversate with them." Her eyes fidgeted. I could tell she was uncomfortable with Hagrid and Severus around.

I gazed at Hagrid, and he instantly knew what I meant. However, Severus did not take the hint and stayed with me.

It wasn't till Professor Sinistra looked over my shoulder that I could tell that he was still there.

I laughed a little when I turned over and found him. Unknowingly like a reflex, I had placed my hand on his arm.

He did not flinch; it was as if it was a natural reaction.

"Severus, I think it would be best if you were to go." He looked over at me, gazing into my eyes, wondering if I was sure. "It is alright. I can handle myself. Besides, you hate star gazing."

He smirked. "I don't hate star gazing; I just don't understand all the nonsense."

I furrowed my brow in enjoyment. "It is actually the most exciting subject and is one way we can see the stars and planets. You know, back when I was an Auror."