Chapter 13: Beating Once Again

October 1

The morning air was heavy, and I could barely breathe. The weight of last night was haunting me.

Had I become a pawn in his grand scheme. The thoughts filled my head, and I could not seem to think of a reasonable explanation to explain what happened.

It was a great thing that I had established a small test for all my periods because of this.

My mind could not handle talking to the children, let alone teach them.

Should I become Dumbledore's allies, or will I become his pawn?

"Professor Cullens," a person's voice rang out.

This caught me by surprise in which alerted some of the other children. Of course, I then point my wand at them to continue for them to do their work.

I could not tell what period it was till I saw Billy Weasely.

I started looking in front of me and found Bill Weasely at the front of my desk.

He was a third-year, so this must be my second to last period. He seemed concerned like the other students.

Placing a simple smile was hard to achieve, but I could see Bill Weasly calming down from this. He handed me his paper, and I tapped it on the side.

"You finished already, Mr. Weasley." I shot him a playful glance.

He smiled, "Yes, It was quite easy."

I cross my arms sitting back on my chair. "So, my class is easy now, huh?" I was quite amused by his response. I then, of course, did not expect his reply.

He crossed his arm, as well. "Well, it is nothing like Potions with Professor Snape." His body then went limp. "He knows how to make a test hard. He once took points away from a boy who sneezed too loud during the test."

I laughed at his statement.

I pictured an angry Severus yelling at a child for this. It caused my laugh to be noticed.

The children all looked at me, their eyes sparkling at my laugh. Bill Weasely also stared at me in amazement. He seemed to be happy.

"Why are you so happy," I ask curiously.

Bill warped his face trying his best to form his answer. He seemed to be struggling with it. I was getting somewhat impatient with his lack of a solution.

"Come now, Mr. Weasely, spit it out," I told him, trying not to make it seem too harsh.

He jumped up at my words and finally talked. "Well, it just that the other students and I have noticed you have been a little gloomy today." I looked behind him and found a lot of the students nodding their heads.

My goodness, I had created such a significant impact on my children.

It was heartwarming to know that these children cared about me. However, it was also sad that I had concerned them over my attitude.

"Oh, yes, well. I am sorry to have all of your worries about me. I appreciate your concern." I smiled brightly at this, and the students went back to their quiz but still kept their ears open to my conversation with Bill Weasely.

"Also," he had injected before I could dismiss him. "Who knew bringing up something about Professor Snape could make someone happy."

Don't laugh; he is your colleague.

I tried my best to hold in my laughter.

That did not work out. I erupted in a burst of laughter that seemed to be very contagious. All the students began to join in, amused at my laughter.