Chapter 14: Moon Child

The above picture is not my art, nor do I know who art it is. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

***

October 2

In the middle of my class, I taught about Imps and Bowtruckles and how the different classification one would tell to my 7th years. They seemed quite bored, so I made a little spell exercise in which their eyes sparkled in excitement.

It was good it a small class, and they were eager to learn more spells.

"Students, we are going to learn the Impertuable charm. Please stand up and face the windows in a straight line." The students now stood up, and all went over.

"Locomotor." I pointed at the desks, pushing them all the tone side making sure that they were out of the way and making room for movement.

I turn to them. "Now, can I have a volunteer?" The students all raised their hands. I picked on a Ravenclaw boy who was super excited.

He left the line and walked next to me. I then grabbed a stool and a small apple that I was going to eat for my snack.

Placing the apple on the stool, I began to talk to the students. "This charm can be very helpful when you wish to block something from your enemy. Such as information or people stealing your apples in this case."

The children all laughed at this joke.

"Impertuable." I flicked my wand, saying these words at the apple. I then stepped back.

"If you can grab the apple without your wand. I will give you twenty points for your house," I said in an unalarming way.

His eyes grew wide with excitement, and the people in his house cheered him on.

"You got this!" Some of the other Ravenclaw students exclaimed.

He smiled at me. Almost as if he knew this was going to be easy.

He walked straight to the apple and got faceplanted by the wall.

"Oww," he cried out.

He placed his hand out in confusion, seeing that.

"Impertuable," I say again.

I then walked over to the apple and picked it up. "That was not so hard," I take a bite, winking at the kids.

They were all excited to try this new spell. I separated them into groups of three, and I, of course, had them all scattered and practiced the Imperturbable Charm.

Some of the children could not take it down. Others snickered at those who accidentally slammed into the barriers.

A tiny peak was heard at the windows.

The children began to turn at the window, and so did I.

A tiny brown owl had waited outside a window with a letter in its mouth.

The children began to laugh at the owl, who looked like they were going to fall over at any minute.

I made my way to the window, making sure I was not laughing a the owl. Opening the window upwards, the owl step back and proceed to stare at me. I reach my available arm, and they sit on top of my arm.

"What are you doing, you, silly little creature." Grabbing the letter from the owl, it began to climb up my shoulder and crimp up against my curls.

"What is in the letter," a 7th year had called out.

I open the letter, and it said, "RL."

I laughed.