I'm right here.

(They/them pronouns, tw: death cursing, and please remember to vote!)

Hi. I'm Y/N and for the record I'm also dead. I died a couple days after a mission with my team, the avengers. I got to say my goodbyes and everything so don't feel bad about that.

Incase your wondering I did also have someone I loved with all my heart. Natasha Romanoff. She was the kindest soul you'd ever meet while still being able to kick your ass in a millisecond. And let tell you, that ass kicking was the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

After you die everyone talks about going to heaven and the after life blah blah blah, and it's true. But I couldn't leave my team, and especially not her. So I just stayed here as a so called "ghost " making sure nobody else dies, does something extremely stupid (and by the way that's extremely hard to do), and making sure Nat is alright. I know I should have moved on to the other side, but when you love someone as much as I love her you can't just abandon them. Sure, she doesn't know I'm here, but doesn't mean I'm not.

I miss being able to talk everyone and basically exist, but this is better than nothing. I get to talk to Peitro every now and then, I got to meet Peter's parents who are complete sweethearts and look exactly like that boy, and I got to see Thor's parent's which he looks almost like a twin of his mother (well before he got his haircut but either way).

The only downside to seeing all of those people is that they all try and convince me to move on but it's not as easy as they think. They knew what they were leaving behind and they were able to exept that, but I'm just not there yet, even if it has been a year I'm not yet.

I wish they knew I was here though. I wish they could all hear my again. And I wish we could all kick ass (and smack my wife's ass) one more time together.

From watching Steve talking to Fury I think they're finally getting a new recruit to replace me. I'm really excited they're finally starting to move on. They always seem to beat me in everyway.

Her name is Juliette. I'm not completely sure what her power is yet, but I'll figure it out. From what I've heard she's super kind and can kick ass. She sounds like an amazing recruit, I'm glad they chose her. They're getting somewhere and getting a new recruit will definitely help them let go of their final feelings. I'm extremely proud of them and I'm glad Steve has been checking on my girl cause someone has too.

Her first day is today and I'm extremely excited to finally see this girl. I do wish I could meet her though, but not the point here. I'm also curious to see how the team will react. They know they're getting a new recruit, but they didn't know how they were gonna act with her here which is why this is just a test trial.

I've seen a few of them cry and feel like I'm trying to be replaced even though they know otherwise. But Nat, Nat did something that helped me a lot. She wrote me a letter in her journal and got out her feelings.

Since she did that all I wanna do is comfort her so badly, but I still haven't coped with the fact I can't. So I grabbed my pen and wrote back to her and I so badly hope she can see this.

Dear Natasha,
It's me, Y/N. I don't know if you'll be able to see this, but I've never hoped for something so bad in my life (well technically afterlife but not the point). I've been right here this whole time. I couldn't bring myself to leave you and these dumbasses here, despite what everyone else said. I know how you're feeling right now and I know how hard it is. Trust me, I'm one to know about hard my smartass is supposed to leave y'all here like I haven't been here for years. She's not here to replace me and never will be. She's here to kick ass with you guys. I've been watching here and I'm positive you guys could be best friends if you opened up to her. You have to be a example. You have to show everyone else you guys are strong enough to do it. If you ever need me always know I'm right here. I've always been right here. I've never left you once and never will. I promise. Now go kick ass with her and I promise I'll be here smacking your ass everytime just like I always do.
Your love,
Y/N L/N

I walked into the living room to watch everyone react to meeting Juliette. They all acted nicely, and I could almost feel all the wild emotions coming off of Nat. Steve introduced her to everyone and now I finally got to find out her powers.

"So what's your powers kid?" Tony spoke up "I can see spirits, ghosts whatever you wanna call them. In addition to this, I can bring them back to life for a limited amount of time. Lastly, I can speak to them too."

My head instantly shot up. "Wait..? So you can hear and see me?" I asked hoping to god she could. "Of course I can." Everyone's head shot up like she was crazy. "Tell them I'm here. Please" "What's your name?" "Y/N" I stated. She could hear me. She could see me and it felt better than anything in the world "What is sh-" Tony started before he got respectfully cut off. "Someone named Y/N is here and she says Hi. Sorry for interrupting Mr. Stark".

Everyone's head shot up at the mention of my name. They finally know I'm here. They finally can believe what they've been telling themselves.

"Are you positive?" Bruce Started. "You said you can show them I'm here correct?" "Yes and yes." She said. Every didn't say anything after that, but I needed to ask. "Can you show them I'm here? Pretty please?" She hummed a mhm in response.

Her hands started to light up and white vines twirled around her wrists. I started to feel tingles everywhere and I looked down to see my feet were coming back to life?? And it kept going on and on until I was completely visible.

"Hyia Bitches" They all jumped at the sound of my voice to see me. "Miss me?" Nat instantly turned to jump and hug me. I caught her and hugged her back as hard as possible. I went to her ear and whispered "check your journal. I've always been right here baby."

That was the last thing that happened before I felt the tingles again and they couldn't see me anymore. God that felt amazing. "Like I've stated I can only do it for a limited amount of time. I'm really sorry." "Anytime you can give us with any of the people we've lost is enough time all together. Thank you." Nats says I'm so glad she's warming up to her. "Thank you. Thank you so much!" I told her and she shyly smiled at both our comments.