Fighter

(She/her pronouns, tw:s3lf h@rm)

         I looked in the mirror wearing this beautiful, stunning, eye catching dress Natasha got me. She was trying extremely hard to get me to go to one of Stark's parties. I've only been to one, which was when I first moved in which I wore fancy pants for a reason, but ever since then the girls won't let it go that they've never seen me in a dress.

     I couldn't wear this

     I couldn't wear this. Don't get me wrong it is amazing, and I would look amazing in it if I didn't have these scars all the way down to my knees. They'll know they weren't from HYDRA, not scars like these. These speak all about the girl I used to be. The girl who would do whatever she could to let go of her pain. I can't let them see the old me cause they'll never forget it or think of my as the person I am now.

       Sure, Natasha and I have been seeing each other for a couple of months but she's never seen these and I don't want her to. I love her too, but I want her to know me for who I am now.

      'Knock knock' "Come on Y/N I'm sure you look fine!" No, no I don't and I'm sorry Nat, but "I can't do this" She always just thought I was insecure and I guess I was in a way. I turn around to grab my sweats to put them back on, i thought they would still be in here. I took them off 2 minutes before my shower where could they have gone?

        "Natasha Romanoff! Where are my other clothes?!" I said in a close to shouting but not really shouting voice. "I wasn't gonna let you chicken out on me again. Please come out of there," I'm going to kill her. "I won't judge you and neither will the team whether you are fat, skinny, black, or white baby please." You're right. They won't, they'll see me as a whole 'nother person Natasha.

       I felt a hot tear stream down my face as I put my head on the door knob. I can do this. I open the door and see Nat do her infamous 360's and started to look at me. "Darling I told you, you look-" She saw them. She stopped once she saw them. Nononono I'm still the same person. She has to understand. I felt a few more tears stream down my face as she walked up to me slowly and grabbed my hands "You look absolutely stunning. Now, lets go? Alright?" She tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Alright"