fifteen

Wooyoung was so worried as San had been gone for at least four hours now.

Ring! Ring!

His phone went off as he answered unsure of who it was.

"Hello?" Wooyoung said.

"Hello, this is the police department. We have Choi San in hold for the night. Please come get him around eight tomorrow morning." The police officer instructed.

"P-police! What did he do?" Wooyoung exclaimed nervously.

"He got into a little bar fight. Now sir, please come get him tomorrow morning or we have no choice but to lock him up." The officer said sternly.

"Yes tomorrow, okay." Wooyoung said noting to himself.

The call ended there as Wooyoung bit his nails in stress. He didn't try to think of it much longer as he rested in bed. He made sure to set an alarm for earlier than needed. Hopefully, he would wake up.

He surely woke up the next morning to an alarm blaring throughout the quiet house.

"Agh!" Wooyoung shouted shutting it off. He readied himself fast as he was out the door in no time. The police station was quite a while away so the drive would be a bit longer than intended.

After a while, Wooyoung was walking into the police station hoping he had made it in time.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" The receptionist asked as she smiled.

"I'm here to pickup Choi San." Wooyoung replied as he saw the woman flip through some book.

"Ah, Jung Wooyoung is it? Please go through." The woman instructed as she opened the door with a button.

"Hello, sir." Wooyoung bowed as he saw an enforcement officer.

"What can I help you with?" The officer asked as he looked at the male.

"I'm here for San, Choi San." Wooyoung replied as he observed the holding room.

"Ah, yes. He's, hold on let me go get him." The man responded as he walked over to one of the cells unlocking it.

"Thank you!" Wooyoung said happily. Thank God he wasn't hurt or in bad trouble.

"No problem, next time he will be locked up. Please keep up with your boyfriend." The male smiled as San followed him.

"He's not my-" Wooyoung tried saying. He knew there was no point.

"Bye." Wooyoung said instead. San followed silently next to Wooyoung.

"What even! How did you end up in jail?" Wooyoung shouted as they walked out.

"I got into a fight at the bar. Didn't he tell you?" San responded blankly. He felt off, like something wasn't normal in him. Maybe he was just hungry.

"Why would you do such a thing!" Wooyoung continued nagging like his mom would've.

"Can we just get some food?" San asked ignoring Wooyoungs words. He didn't want to argue anymore. He figured out himself, when sitting in that cell, that Wooyoung probably wasn't actually going to hurt him. Well he hoped he wouldn't. He quite took a liking to Wooyoung a while ago. Maybe it was that time alone, or maybe it was just there all along. Just maybe.

"Yeah, sorry." Wooyoung apologized realizing San seemed sad in a way.

They walked into a small waffle house.

"Hello, what can I get ya?" The woman smiled as she held a notepad.

"Two waffles for me with a coffee, and he wants..." Wooyoung turned looking at San.

"The same, but a cola instead please." San spoke.

"Gotcha! Now follow me, let's sit y'all down." The woman spoke in a thick southern accent.

Wooyoung and San nodded as they sat where they were told.

"Now lemme go make yall's orders!" The woman smiled as she left.

"Sorry." San muttered breaking the awkward silence. He knew that this was all his fault.

"Don't be. I'm sure you had a reason, well I hope you did." Wooyoung smiled assuringly.

"No, it's just... My mind was creating scenarios of how you were going to turn in the end. It just was making me not have a good day.." San admitted. Maybe he was made for Wooyoung, being solo was quite annoying.

"If you'd like to know all those questions I can tell you." Wooyoung smiled a heartfelt smile.

"Sure.." San could feel a smile creep on his face.

"My moms sweet and makes food a lot. She's really nice, I'd love for you to meet her. My high school friends were Yunhyeong, Chanhee, Wooseok, and Suenghoon. We weren't really anything special. Umm what else?" Wooyoung smiled as he told the male everything he had to ask.

'He's so beautiful.'

This! This was it! This is what San fount himself starting to think so frequently. Every time his head thought of that  perfect male, every time! That long night made San realize a few things.

He couldn't sleep without knowing Wooyoung was safe.

He couldn't walk without Wooyoung being next to him.

He couldn't even breathe knowing Wooyoung wasn't with him.

He couldn't think without his mind leading to Wooyoung.

Why was he suddenly going crazy?

This male had turned Sans world around and he solely realized it. Just now when Wooyoung flashed that smile of his, his hair messy and in his eyes, those eyes of his, that soft voice of his, him. It was him.

"San?" Wooyoung said trying to take him out of his thoughts. He was doing this quite frequently now.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about someone." San sighed as he admired the male secretly. Even if he had such thoughts it couldn't happen. It never could. Wooyoung didn't like him. How could anyone like San?

"Someone..? Who?" Wooyoung kind of felt like something hit him in the stomach. What was this feeling? He was hungry, that's what it was.

"Yeah." San responded as he looked towards he kitchen.

"What's this person like?" Wooyoung asked curiously. He kind of felt this feeling, but what feeling..?

"They're very pretty. They have the most unique features ever. I just want to stare at them all day. Honestly it's like they're perfect. From their laugh, to their eyes, to their smile, to their humor, to their personality, to their everything..." San smiled thinking of Wooyoung.

"They sound lovely." San faked a voice.

a:n
this story will be finished in a few more chapters. hope it's not confusing or moving to fast ;/ please enjoy! ALSO! sorry if this is not related to the title ugh idk🥺 also i'm not being mean abt the southern girl, i'm a souThErN girl myself ;)

n e ways song of the chapter is bad boy by bigbang & call anytime by jinu and mino.