High School Au

Virgil walked through the crowded halls, brandishing his schedule and locker info in one hand and his other tucked safely into his hoodie pocket. People all around him walked through the halls, chatting loudly about things like prom and other cliche high school drama. Virgil tended to stick to himself though that might have been due to the fact that people tended to label his as a lonesome emo kid. 

Virgil was dragged out of this thoughts when a blue figure smashed into him. Both teens dropped to the ground and there was an explosion of papers.

The hallways were near empty and all those remaining didn't bother to stop to help either teen.

Virgil groaned and got up, glaring at the person who seemed to have hit their head on a locker and was bleeding slightly. Virgil's eyes widened. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!" He exclaimed.

"Language, kiddo." The person said. Virgil looked down at them in shock. "Why are you worrying about my language when you are literally bleeding from the head?!" Virgil exclaimed.

The teen in question raised a hand to their forehead and drew back their fingers which were now stained with the bright red liquid. "Oh. Well, it could always be worse. Last year someone accidentally pushed me down the stairs and the ambulance had to be called." The kid said, laughing a bit.

Virgil blinked.

The kid attempted to stand up, only to stumble and fall. Virgil raced forwards to catch them and caught them right before they caught the ground.

"Heh, thanks kiddo--" The person was cut off by several voices.

"Get your fucking hands off my brother." A voice said before another scolded them for language. Virgil spun around to find two other people. One was clearly a student although they towered above Virgil. They had a scar similar to Zuko's from ATLA and wore a yellow beanie which stood out among the boy's punk look. The older of the duo, looking to be about mid-twenties wore a tan sweater with a white button up underneath and a pink tie. They had glasses and bore a stereotypical therapist look.

"Janus calm down." The adult said to the student who looked like he was going to punch Virgil. "I'm sure there is a valid explanation for this. Mr--"

"Storm." Virgil said. "Mr. Storm, would you care to explain what happened?" The "therapist" said. "Emile stop interrigating him, I'm fine. Besides, it was my fault. You know how clumsy I can be. We slammed into each and I hit my head on the lockers." The teen who was still in Virgil's arms said.

"Emile" sighed and the teen in the beanie narrowed his eyes at Virgil who was even more frightened at this point. "Can you walk, Patton?" The teen said, looking the kid who was apparently named "Patton."

"Yes--" Patton said.

"No." Virgil said, giving Patton a look. Patton sighed. "Nope."

"It's the staircase incident all over again." The person in the beanie said.

"No it's not, that was completely different!" Patton protested. The boy laughed and the therapist snickered a bit as well while Patton pouted. "Okay well let's get you to the office. They can give a baseline to see if you need stitches. Janus, would you mind helping Patty?" Emile said.

The boy in the beanie, or "Janus" walked over and picked Patton up, giving Virgil a death glare. Patton noticed and mouthed "I'm sorry about him."

Virgil grimaced and Janus smiled intimidatedly before turning and walking away. Virgil watched the trio walk down the hall. Right as he was about to turn around to walk to the class he would surely be late to, Patton called out. 

"If you ever need help, just ask for Patton Picani and I'll be there in a jiffy!" The kid yelled. Virgil gave a hesitant smile and a small wave in return.

__

Have this crappy high school au that I wrote during class. I'll most likely expand upon this in a later chapter. Have a great day and stay safe!

-Elle