6 ;; god

theres a rumor spreading around that the church dream serves had a secret.
see, people believed that they always see a tall, long haired and braided man through the windows everytime it strucks ten pm. it stands where the priest usually stands, some claimed that they saw their crimson eyes glow. but it was never proven as truth and only seen as a rumor.
dream, as a pastor just scoffed at the rumor. claims thats its just absolute blasphemy they're spreading.

but as much as he hates to admit it, he wanted to see if the rumor was true. many people believed since they saw it, but dream wanted to see it with his own eyes.

dream huffed, turning to his friends, sapnap and george. “i don't believe it. i just simply do not.” george lifted his shoulders attempting to shrug, and sapnap replied. “well, your beliefs. i just heard.”
dream scoffed. “i even heard it's the blood god. you know. the all mighty 'blood god'.” george mimicked a deep voice, trying to sound threatening and jokingly as possible. sapnap chuckled while george continued to eat his ice cream by spoon. dream scoffs yet again.

to say that dream is threatened nor scared, that was an understatement. he was frustrated to say at least.

“why would a work of evil visit the overworld? like, what?” dream furrowed his eye brows in frustration. “and it's a church, too. he could've burned at the sight of it.” sapnap laughed at grumpy pastor, and ruffled his blonde hair. “don't be so exaggerated. there's stories that demons can't burn in a church exactly since it's not always baptized or some shit.” sapnap yawns. “apparently, most of the time people doesn't spread holy water around the church before they lock it, so devils or demons can roam freely and crap. i don't really care, honestly. it's just a rumor like you said, probably not real.” he shrugged, then he smirked. his eyes still landed on dream. “but that doesn't stop you from finding out.”

dream had his arms crossed. “what are you getting at?”

sapnap shrugged, smirk still present. “i'm just sayin'. eyes prove it.” george nodded, throwing the empty cup along with the wooden spoon in the trash. “yeah, much as i hate to say it, he's right. you should check it out. make an excuse to go in the church at late in night.” the smallest adjusted his sunglasses. “i mean, it could be true or not. after all,” he lifted his glasses up, staring at dream. “you're a pastor, you should be aware of this stuff.” it was sapnaps turn to nod in agreement.

of course dream should be.

of course dream asked for the keys.

of course dream waited until ten o'clock strucks in.

dream was standing in front of the church's gate, his hands gripping the key. it was two minutes close to ten pm. he exhaled sharply and shakily before entering, inserting a key into the lock, twisting it open just for the gate to open. it made an loud sound, the bottoms of the gate scraping loudly on the floor. he feared that it might would've woke someone up. but who was even awake at that time?

he entered to the yard of the church, closing the gate behind him as he approached the main door or, again— gate of the church. he bought out the second key and repeated the same he did before.

a minute close to ten.

he finally entered the churchs narthex to nave, he was in the middle of the room. the long, empty, wooden, unoccupied seats were oddly calming. the only source of light was the lit candles of the chandelier high above him. it was large enough to light up a whole room. his eyes wandered around the ceiling, the type of pink color onto the ceiling was stunning, along with the breathtaking painting on it, the marble bases of the shaft were perfectly alined, capital of the pillar was perfectly sculpted, everything just felt at home, and beautiful. he eventually got on both his knees in front of the altar, closed his eyes and attempted the sign of cross and put his palms together.