⚤ He ... is my father ⚤

Cherica's POV

I ran out of this fucking clinic, feeling like my heart was about to pop out of my chest. It still didn't get to me. The whole world was suddenly turned upside down. Gripping the strap of my purse, I ran down the sidewalk. People passing by looked back at me, but I didn't care.

It was true. The DNA test confirmed everything. He ... I mean my boss and the famous rock star Prince is my father.

Eventually I got tired, and when I got to the nearest building, I leaned against the wall with my back. I looked up at the sky, which was gray. If it starts to rain in a moment, I won't be surprised. It'll be a sign that the world is really crying over Cherica Chambers fucked up life.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I regretted coming to Chanhassen, my mother's hometown, but where was I supposed to go? We lived in a different state while she was alive, and when she died, I was alone with my friend Bianca and the boy I thought I loved. But Greg turned out to be someone other than he really was. I suffered a lot from him and when I left him, this time finally, it turned out that I was pregnant. And he ended up in prison. It gave me the opportunity to act.

Chanhassen ... I knew this city best, it was here that my grandparents lived. My mother and I rarely visited them, more often they came to us, to Texas. I didn't understand that.

Now I can guess what, or rather who, was the obstacle to more frequent visits from my grandparents. Prince Rogers Nelson was not a random inhabitant of Chanhassen who could be ignored. This guy was a world star, the pride of this city and he was a huge influence. Surely someone would report that his ex-girlfriend is in Chanhassen. The girl who left him without a word of explanation. And the child accompanying her was a mystery.

I was similar to my mother in appearance, but I had Prince's eyes and his hands. If someone cared, that person would see the physical features of this singer in me. Admittedly single, but still.

I felt enormous anger at my mother. She wasn't perfect, she had terrible mood swings, but now I know it might have been some sort of mental disorder, but that doesn't explain what she did. How could she be silent about my father?

She was raised by two loving parents and I had a fucking right to feel my father's love for me. I suffered all my life that he was gone, I thought he was dead, but in fact, unconsciously, I saw him all the time on TV, in newspapers and listened to his songs. His face was looking at me with LPs and CDs, but then I thought of him as Prince, whom I respect as an artist. I used to even like him as a man ...

I shook the thought away. Now it seemed ridiculous to me. I remember the cover of "Lovesexy" and the naked Prince on LP. Bianca got a sick excitement, and I was wondering what was it about him that makes every woman lose her head for him. He was so small and so different from the guys who were considered the ideal man.