Teaser

Two young but very sharp brown eyes pierced through the seigneur then stared at him sternly from head to toe. The nobleman unconsciously rubbed his lips and fixed his wrinkled shirt under the child's cavilling glare. Seeing his movements, the little boy snorted disgustedly and crossed his arms over his chest. "What atrocious thing have you done to my Mommy?", the young lord asked angrily in a firm but immature voice. 

The seigneur sneered then raised an eyebrow and tucked his hands inside his front pockets as he confronted the little man. "What I do with my wife is none of your business, little boy."

"It is too my business!" Aric growled and stomped his feet angrily, momentarily losing his noble temperament and reacting like the little child that he should be before regaining his composure. He exhaled heavily and glared at his father then spoke in a calmer voice that was laced with disdain. "She is my Mommy. I worked so hard to get her here, if you scare my Mommy away, I swear that I will make you regret it for the rest of your life."

"Hah! You mean kidnap her?" Rien snorted and looked at his son like he just heard the most ridiculous thing. "I'd like to see what a little kidnapper like you can do to make me regret anything except allowing you to grow as arrogant as you are." He smirked smugly.

"I am not a kidnapper! I just want to be with my Mommy!" Aric's cheeks puffed in anger but he clenched his fists and lifted his chin to challenge his father's stare. "I would run away with my Mommy and support her to be with any husband she chooses. It will be easy for us to never allow you to see us ever again." Aric was smart, he knew that his father only loved him as much because of his mother. If he wasn't born of the seigneur's most beloved and only treasure, the young lord wouldn't be half as privileged as he was. He could only threaten his father in this way. 

Seigneur Rien's smug expression gradually faded and a hint of fear could be seen in his eyes but he still kept his cold and domineering facade. "What "any husband she chooses"? She already chose a husband. That's me! I'm her husband and I won't let her leave me again!" 

***

A/N:

Thank you for starting this journey with us.

This story will officially start on Saturday (October 24) and updates twice a week (Thursdays and Saturdays). 💚