9 - Twin Flames

"Daddy!" Aric jumped up from his seat and protested when he heard his father's orders. "I told you, you can't do that!" 

Rien gritted his teeth and clenched his fists again like he had done for the past half hour that they had stayed in the restaurant's VIP room and watched Mia and Gabriel. If it wasn't for his son's arguments, he would've stabbed the man's eyeballs and snapped his neck with his own hands the moment he saw her looking at his wife in a way that only he, Seigneur Rien Fernandez, her husband, is allowed to look at her. 

After a few deep breaths, Rien sighed heavily before giving another order to the waitress. "Postpone that last order. Don't eliminate him yet. Just stall him for three hours."

Aric held his breath as he waited for the other side's response. He hoped it wasn't too late for poor Uncle Gabriel. He also regretted provoking his father too much to make him spring into action of winning his Mommy over. Who knew his Daddy would react so violently to his Mommy's godbrother's care for her? 

"Copy that, Sir." The waitress responded and immediately carried on her new orders.

Aric heaved a sigh of relief and sat back in his chair as he glanced at where his father was looking. As expected, the seigneur's eyes were glued to his wife. The glaring anger that shone in his eyes dissipated into a cloud of deep sadness and frustration. No one could ever understand the pain that was crushing his heart that he hid behind a calm facade where nobody could hear the screams of his tormented soul. The indescribable pain of a man who had searched for his wife, the essence of his heart, the other half of his soul, his twin flame, for three long years and when he had found her, all he could do was sit and watch another man give her the care and protection that he should be giving. 

He clenched his fists tighter until his knuckles turned white and his nail dug into his palms. When he spoke, his voice was cold and sullen. "Tell me again, why I should let that urchin live." He had to hear it again because everytime he remembered how that man looked at his wife and how he touched her hair and her back, Rien got the urge to stab the man's eyes and shred his hands. 

Aric calmly came down from his chair, took the pitcher of water from the beverage table beside them and leisurely poured a glass for his father. He then walked towards the seigneur and placed the glass in front of him. "Here, Daddy. Drink this. You need to calm down."

Rien glared at the glass of water but did not touch it. "I'm gonna need something a thousand times stronger than this to calm me down." He gritted his teeth and then turned to his son with a stern gaze. "This is all your fault. If you didn't use that drug on your mother, she wouldn't have a headache this morning and that urchin wouldn't have an excuse to be all lovey-dovey with her."

Aric sighed. "I know, Daddy. I'm sorry. But I assure you that it's the only side effect of the sedative I used. I made sure that…" The child was about to explain further but immediately stopped when his father shot him a warning glare. "Anyway… Uncle Gabriel is one of our keys to finding out who was behind everything that happened to Mommy. My grandparents trust him and Mommy relies on him. Daddy, you should get used to it, Uncle Gabriel really cares for Mommy that way, like a big brother to his little sister. They're not lovey-dovey at all."

"What do you know about that? You're a child." Rien sneered. Brother-sister, not lovey-dovey. Weren't they brother-sister for a time too? Didn't that all change all of a sudden? Who's to say that won't happen to his sweet little kitten and that urchin? He obviously already liked her in a different way, why couldn't that happen? 

Aric shrugged and looked at his Mommy who was then talking to Dean Rosa. "Daddy, weren't you always proud of you and my Mommy's love for each other? Just last night, you were telling me that you can easily win her love." He then turned to look at his father and found him also watching his mother so he watched her with him.

Father and son watched the unsuspecting Mia's every move and expression. She has stopped eating, leaving most of the food that Gabriel gave her on her plate and was talking to her colleagues. Aric observed that she didn't seem to be missing his presence while Rien frowned at how little her appetite was and thought that must be why she was much thinner than he remembered. 

"I was only 2 years old when the accident happened but I'm blessed with a brilliant brain that remembers a lot." Aric smirked and Rien chuckled at his overconfidence. "I remember how my Mommy loved me very much, how she took care of me everyday, how she doted on me, how she encouraged me to learn everything that I wanted to, how she taught me piano and sang me lullabies. I remember everything. I also remember how she loved you, Daddy." Aric looked at his father who also turned to him. "Maybe not as much as she loved me but I knew you were her most beloved man."

Rien was about to argue with his son again when the young lord said that his Mommy loved him more than she loved his Daddy but stopped when he heard the last part of the little boy's sentence.

"Daddy, I may be too young to understand everything about adult relationships but I understand love. Because I love Mommy so much and she fills half of my heart, I know that no one can replace her in my heart. Wouldn't it be logical for me to believe that if you claim that my Mommy had loved you as much as you said she did, you would also be irreplaceable in her heart?" Aric leisurely drummed his fingers on the table as he watched his father's expressions. When he saw that his Daddy did not intend to answer and was only waiting for him to continue, he did. 

"Whether my Mommy remembers you or not, in theory, subconsciously, there should be a spot in her heart that only you can perfectly fill. I also read in an article on the internet about twin flames. If all the stories about you and Mommy are true, theoretically, only your two halves of one soul could inescapably gravitate to and ultimately complete each other." Aric stated his theory, matter-of-factly while Rien was left amazed by his son's wisdom. 

"Besides…" Aric smirked. "Unless Mommy changes her preference to burly, tanned men from fair-skinned, aristocratic, perfectly-chiselled Apollo, then Uncle Gabriel doesn't stand a chance."

Rien snorted then smirked. "Good. You're still my son. You finally learned to compliment your father."

"Of course, Daddy." Aric said out loud and smiled but he also gave himself a mental pat on the back for saying the right words to flatter his father to make the seigneur completely stir away from the young lord's fault in causing the discomfort of his mommy from the sedatives. "That's not all I can do for you now, Daddy." 

"Well…" Rien's eyes narrowed as he looked at his son. "What else can you do?"

"I can also help you meet my Mommy now." The little boy proudly grinned. 

The seigneur snorted and leaned back on his chair. "I can very well do that on my own." 

Aric thought that his Daddy was so cold and aloof towards women that he might scare his Mommy away like those other Aunties who wanted to get closer to the seigneur. Although he knew and he was told that the seigneur's warmth, affection and gentleness were all exclusive to his wife, Aric couldn't risk his Daddy scaring his Mommy away but he couldn't exactly tell his father that. The little boy sighed and looked at his Daddy with pitiful eyes. "But, Daddy, I already have a plan. Can you please give me a chance?"

Though icy to everyone except his Milena, Rien was still a father and with his little boy whose brown eyes were exactly the same as his most beloved looking at him that way, he didn't have the will to refuse. He always felt that disappointing his son in any way was betraying Milena in some way. She would've given the world to him. She loved Aric so much that she kept him safe during the accident three years ago even if it endangered her own life. That was what the evidence showed in the scene. When Rien heard about it at the time of his deepest despair, his first reaction was to unjustly and illogically blame the innocent child for what happened to his dearest Milena. He refused to even look at little Aric then. It took weeks for the seigneur to realize his mistake. The child wasn't at fault in any way and that what his Milena would've wanted him to do in her absence is for Rien to give their son his best love. The way she would.

He turned away from the stare that was making him weaker by the second and turned his attention back to the love of his life who was then receiving a cup of tea from Dean Rosa. "Alright. What do you have in mind?"