5 - Abandoned Child

Rien smirked. "You actually can't figure this out?"

The little boy rolled his eyes and pouted. "Now is not the time to gloat, Daddy. Just tell me what you're planning."

"Please. 'Just tell me what you're planning please, Daddy.' That's how you should talk to your father." Rien was not in a hurry to tell his son the plan which made Aric impatient.

"It's not time for Values Education and Character Development lessons, Daddy." The little boy pouted. 

"Oh! You actually have those lessons? Why don't I see them in practice? Should I fire Damien then?" Rien smirked while poor Damien trembled nervously.

Aric saw his father's smug smile and clenched his fists. "Please stop threatening helpless people, Daddy. That's bullying. Just please tell me your plan, Daddy. Please."

Rien smiled more widely and dotingly rubbed his son's head. "Good boy. That's more like it, son." Aric brushed his father's hand away and glared at him but chose not to say anything. He just silently expressed his displeasure through his sharp eyes. 

The seigneur chuckled lightly and stopped teasing his son. "Alright. I'll tell you. First, I would assume that nobody saw you take your Mommy away or noticed anything."

"Ofcourse!" Aric answered proudly. "I planned everything. By this time, no one knows she's not in her hotel room. When everyone wakes up tomorrow, they will think she has gone to the tour of a city on her own through a note on her bedside table and a pre-scheduled text message that her roommate and her Godbrother. I arranged for someone to clear Mommy's stuff while everyone was out and scheduled another text message to be sent in the evening saying that Mommy misses my grandparents and decided to go home. No one will be looking for Mommy until a couple of days from now. By that time, we would have her secured back home and help her remember everything."

"Good." Rien nodded. "Then it's not too late."

"Too late for what, Daddy?" Aric frowned. He thought he already knew what his father was going to say but he refused to believe that after he just decided to trust him. 

"To send your Mommy back." His father said what he didn't want to hear. 

"No!" Aric screamed. All his "grownup" facade disappeared in an instant as he stomped his feet. "No! No one can not take my Mommy away from me again! No! You said so yourself!" The little boy was as red as a beet and his tears flowed incessantly as he yelled and his little fists hit the seigneur's thighs repeatedly. His Daddy is tall, much taller than him. That was all Aric's punches could reach. The noble young lord aura was gone, he was just an abandoned child betrayed by his own father. 

The father and son did not have the chance to nourish their relationship throughout the years. The accident not only suddenly took his wife and his parents from Rien, he was also left with the great responsibility of being the Seigneur of the large manor that expands up to one-eighth of the total size of the country and being the Chairman and CEO of a multinational conglomerate. It was a position that his father had trained him for since he was 12 years old but nothing could prepare him for the almost catastrophic unrest in the company and the manor that followed after the late seigneur's death. Between that gargantuan task of stabilizing the situation and his search for his wife, Rien spent most of his time away on business or locked up in his study while Aric was left in the care of the trusted steward Mister Samuel and his nephew who also became the young lord's governor Damien. In Aric's heart, he was essentially a child with no parents. His father owed him a lot and his Daddy's biggest debt was losing his Mommy. 

Rien closed his eyes and turned his face up to the ceiling as he let his son vent his anger and frustrations on him. His little punches didn't hurt him at all but his tears which came as rare as rain on the Sahara tortured his very soul. It made him want to take back his own words but he knew it would not be for the best. Since Milena's disappearance, Aric never cried and had been the cold little lord of the manor just like his father. The emotional state he was in showed everyone how hurt he was and it broke the hearts of those around him.