11 - Helicopter Husband

"Yes, Seigneur." Mister Samuel, the Fernandez household's most reliable steward nodded and understood that even though Rien didn't state it, he meant Dr. Charles Bernard must be in New York in the soonest possible time whether he liked it or not, using any means necessary. "I will personally see to it that Dr. Bernard sees the Madam before the day ends." He had already calculated that if the genius doctor who happened to be the seigneur's childhood friend got on the seigneur's private plane within the next 15 minutes, with the 7-hour flight time, he would be landing in JFK Airport before dinner. 

The steward also knew precisely why Dr. Bernard's skills were needed. It meant that the seigneur saw something suspicious about the madam's condition aside from what Aric found from his investigation and that only Rien's most trusted friend, who also happens to be a genius doctor of several specializations from a family of medical experts, could handle. Charles was one of only a few people that Rien trusted since the accident three years ago. Mister Samuel knew that aside from Dr. Bernard, the seigneur would not allow anyone else to check on his wife. 

"I will relay your instructions to Sophie right away. I'm sure she'll know how to handle Mr. Madrid." Mister Samuel didn't have to remind Rien about the capabilities of Sophie Zhang but he thought that was something the seigneur wanted to hear at that moment. 

Sophie was a former assassin from a notorious underground gang in Asia. Her martial arts, gun-handling and marksmanship skills are impeccable. She was an orphan who has been trained to kill mercilessly since she was 6 years old. She grew up in that cold and violent world which inevitably molded her into what she was today. She may lack the warmth in human relationships but she was gifted with a gentle and innocent face and she also knew how to use her looks as a weapon. Sophie has sworn her life and loyalty to the former seigneur when coincidentally in one of his business trips, Rien's father found her seriously wounded and abandoned at the side of a road in Hong Kong after a serious encounter with one of the rival gangs. They were greatly unnumbered and Sophie was left behind by her treacherous gang mates so they could run away. The late seigneur and his security group saved the then 16-year old Sophie then took her back home when she was recovered. For 20 years, she served as one of the Fernandez family's close-in security and never left the late seigneur's side. To this day, she considered the accident three years ago as her greatest failure and has dedicated the rest of her life to avenging the death of her benefactor and the only man who has made her heart feel that it wasn't entirely made of steel.

"Good." Rien responded coldly and was about to kick the door shut after Mister Samuel bowed and turned to make the calls to send out his orders when Aric stopped him. 

"Daddy, can you please tell me what the hell is going on?" The little boy angrily asked. 

Rien looked at his son sternly and warned. "You better watch your language and your temper in front of your mother, young man, or I will have you locked up in your room with no gadgets."

Aric looked at Milena who was still unconscious in Rien's arms and immediately blushed in shame. He felt absolutely embarrassed of his attitude just then and made a promise in his heart to never let his Mommy see such an ugly side of him. How disappointed would his Mommy be when she did? He lowered his head and spoke somberly, "I apologize for my behavior just now." He then looked up again to see his mother's gentle face and told her, "I won't do it again." Then as if he turned into a different child, his tender expression a second ago changed to a defiant one when he turned to his father. "Can you explain what happened to my Mommy now, Daddy?"

Rien nodded, used to his son's seemingly dual personality with how different Aric treated him and Milena. "That's more like it. Get in and close the door behind you." He ordered then turned to carry Milena to his bed and carefully put her down.