Chapter 1: Fairest Prince of Them All

As the sun rises over the small town of Ever After we turn our eyes to a new chapter of our fine tale. And with this, we find the whole school of Ever After High getting ready for Thronecoming week.

    Royals and Rebels alike prepping their outfits, picking their dates, and running for Thronecoming King and Queen. Votes come rolling in on who the students believe would make perfect Thronecoming monarchs.

     Daring Charming, the son of Prince Charming, brushed his flowing golden hair out of his face. He stared into the mirror, his perfect dimples smiling back at him.

    Daring didn't need to do anything to look perfectly Charming. Tall, strong, and handsome, he was always fableous. His story required him to be the kind of prince every fair maiden would fall for.

    After all, he would have to enchant a girl with a single kiss. He practiced winking at himself in the reflective glass. Yup, all the ladies would be mad for him.

    He blew a hair out of his face and his smile dropped to a frown. Sometimes, even though he wouldn't admit it, he didn't want to care about his looks. It was just that his father always told him, "Looks are everything to being a Charming. Love yourself, and the ladies will love you!"

    So, as the pages turned, the days grew closer to Thronecoming. He needed to look his best if he wanted to achieve the title of Thronecoming King, something he would, without a doubt, be.

    He would sit on the king's throne at the dance, and be crowned alongside Apple White, his fairytale princess.

    One day she would be tricked into eating a poison apple and fall into a deep sleep. Then he would come along, kiss her awake, and live happily ever after. He knew the story by heart.

    Daring sighed and stared down at the picture of Apple he kept by his mirror. Sometimes he questioned if he even loved her. He was told that they would be together from a young age, and that was that.

    Odd thoughts began to swim around in his mind like mermaids in a teacup. What if he didn't have to be with Apple? And he didn't have to be so narcissistic? What if he found a different true love?

    He shook his head, quickly pushing those thoughts out of his mind. He was a Royal, he couldn't spend time thinking about Rebel stuff. That, as Blondie Lockes would say, was not "Just right".

    Anyway, he had promised Apple, that during Thronecoming week, he wouldn't even mention Royals or Rebels. That week, it was just Ever After High.

    He tilted his crown to the perfect angle and tossed on his jersey. He didn't need to care about this stuff, all he needed to do, was pay attention to the upcoming Bookball game.

    He stepped out into the hall and bumped right into Madeline Hatter who had apparently had her ear to his door.

    "What are you doing?" Daring asked, surprised.

    "Listening to the story." She said matter of factly.

    "What story?"

    "The one the Narrator is telling."

    "Ok..." Daring took a cautious step around her. "I'm just gonna get going now. Tons of things to do, lots of maidens to charm."

    "Oh, see you later then!" Maddie called to him as he walked away down the hall. "Yoohoo! Narrator!"