Chapter 21: Love Can Be Poisonous

The sun had nearly gone down and evening shadows stretched across the forest. Apple turned and rushed from the woods. Tears brimmed her eyes. How could she? How could they? Apple didn't understand. How could Daring just throw away their story like that?

    Apple came to a sudden stop and brushed a few tears from her eyes. An idea just came to her. It was crazy... but she was desperate. Apple would never consider being the villain or the antagonist, but if push came to shove, she would have a backup plan. Yeah. That's it. She wasn't the bad guy, and she would never have to use it...

   Apple rushed into Ever After High, dodging her many friends. She had a mission to complete, there was no time to stop and chat. Darting up to her dorm, she grabbed the basket of apples she kept on her desk for guests. Looking around she made sure that Raven wasn't in the room. She reached under Raven's bed and pulled out piles upon piles of clothing.

    "Raven." Apple said to the dark abyss that was under Raven's bed. "If you need someone to put away your laundry, I am here." After fishing around for a bit she finally found what she was looking for. Raven's backpack. She reached in and pulled out a book, "Poisons and Potions: Level 3". Perfect, it had to be in here.

    After a good half an hour she was able to sneak her way down to the dungeons. It was cold and murky. Apple hated it. She took each step carefully as to not put her new rose-gold heels into something undesirable.

    "Maybe this isn't worth it." She muttered to herself when she finally found the dingy General Villainy classroom. She shook her head, she needed to do this to save her story. And she would just throw them away if she didn't use them. No one would know.

    Apple flipped through the pages of Raven's schoolbook. Her hands were shaking but she found it. A recipe for Sleeping Death, otherwise known as poisoned apples. She knew it would work. It wouldn't be too harmful, and if what she saw in the woods was right, Daring could bring her right back, and it would give them a good scare.

    Apple scanned the page and found every necessary ingredient and tool in a cabinet at the back of the room. She frowned at the foul ingredients: Morpheus Cream, Sting of Scorpion, Dark of Night, Cactus Juice, and a Thunderbolt. What on earth did "Cactus Juice" have to do with poison?

    Nevertheless, she followed the instructions and added the ingredients to a cauldron of boiling water. After it was thoroughly mixed, she dipped the apples into the evil mixture, allowing them to soak in the poison. It was done.

    She put the apples back into the basket, grabbed the book, and headed for the door. As her fingers reached the handle, the noise of tapping high-heels came through the crack beneath the door.

    "Ms. Thorn." She heard Professor Badwolf say from the hall. "I encourage you to refrain from leaving your stuff in my classroom. Grab it quickly, then get back to your dorm. It's almost curfew." Apple hid behind the teacher's desk. She couldn't get caught, she was a princess, she couldn't be seen mixing potions.

    Luckily, Faybelle and Professor Badwolf were only there for about a minute. Apple was able to get back out safely and up to her dorm without a hitch. Tomorrow she would enact her plan, and everything would be better.