Chapter 22: A Rebel Called Daring

Cerise sat down for lunch at the Rebel table and looked over her shoulder. Daring was on his way over to join her. Raven and Maddie were chatting about an assignment that Maddie had, where she had to sew like a hundred hats before the end of the week. They were discussing what types of hats Maddie should make. Maddie kept insisting that a food processor was a type of "Fancy" hat.

    Their interesting conversation came to a halt as soon as Daring sat down. Raven looked absolutely flabbergasted.

    "Why are you so surprised Raven?" Maddie cocked her head slightly. "The Narrator just said that this was going to happen."

    "The Narrator?" Daring asked, confused.

    "Yeah." Raven began, regaining her composure. "The Narrator is a voice that all the Wonderland kids can hear. He narrates the story, otherwise known as our lives."

    "And he's really good at it too!" Maddie said, attempting to flatter the Narrator. "But he shouldn't talk about himself in the third person." Alright, I get it.

    "So that's why you were listening by my door at the beginning of the semester." Daring realized.

    "Yeperdoodle!"

    "So... you can hear someone talk about everything that goes on in our lives?" Cerise asked, apprehensively.

    "Uh-hu!"

    "Trust me," Lizzy said as she passed their table. "It's just as creepy as it sounds."

    "So, are you two a thing now?" Raven gestured to Cerise and Daring.

    The two looked at each other and smiled. They locked hands and held them up for the whole table to see. "I'm so proud of you big bro." Dexter beamed from across the table. "Told you she didn't hate you."

    "You thought I hated you?" Cerise asked.

    "You gotta admit..." Daring said slowly. "You did kinda made it seem like that." They all laughed. The group took turns welcoming Daring to the Rebel group and congratulating the couple on finding each other. 

    The Rebel table was soon filled with laughter and joy. Maddie stood on the table and sung odd songs of Wonderland origin. Kitty was somewhere nearby, invisibly singing along. Raven and Dexter spoke with Daring and Cerise about what they would do now.

    Everything was going fine until Apple showed up. She tromped over to the table and stopped a foot away from Cerise. "May I speak with you?" She said politely, though her smile was clearly fake.

    "Sure..." Cerise replied. The whole table fell into silence, not including Maddie who was now on her thirty-second verse of whatever she was singing.

    Apple put her head on straight and seemed as though she was going to be nice about whatever she had to say. But it was not so, instead of composing herself Apple yelled. "What on earth do you think you're doing?!"