Chapter 19: Falling for the Girl With the Wolf Ears

The sun radiated down upon the clearing. Grass reflected with pixie dust that had been left by the fairies that passed through. A light wind rustled the colorful tree leaves that came with the fall weather. It was magnificent. It was probably the best spot in Ever After to just sit and relax.  But the only thing going on there was the exact opposite of relaxation. 

    Daring paced nervously around the large oak tree. Anxious thoughts ran back and forth in his mind like a cat chasing a mouse. What would he say? What would SHE say? What if Dexter was wrong and Cerise really did hate him? What if she doesn't show up at all. Daring was a wreck. Who knew a single girl could freak him out so much?

    Just then Daring heard leaves crunching. The sound made its way toward him. Cerise stepped into the clearing and smiled timidly. "You wanted to talk?" At the sound of her voice, all of his nerves flew away. It was as though just her presence made everything better.

    "Yeah..." It wasn't the time to wimp out, so Daring just said what was on his mind. "Um... At Thronecoming... I was just wondering... Do you feel the same way about me... as I do you?" He knew he had stuttered through that question.

    Cerise smiled beautifully from under her red cloak. "Yes..." She paused and considered her next words carefully. "Do you think it could be true love?"

    "There's only one way to find out." He said, moving closer. "May I?" All Cerise could do was nod. Daring moved forward and kissed her... 

    It was like nothing either of them had ever felt before. A rush of pure magic surged through them and the surrounding forest, the Pixie Dust in the grass gleamed brighter and brighter. True Love's Kiss. 

    They were still kissing when Cerise softly grabbed Daring's hand and used it to push back her hood. Slowly and carefully she stepped back so that he could see. Daring gasped. Somehow she was even more beautiful with fluffy ears and fangs.

    "Wow!" Daring said in awe. "You are gorgeous." Cerise's worried expression broke into a huge smile.

    "You really think so?"

    "I have no doubt in my mind." Daring sat down on the shimmering grass and patted the ground beside him. "You're gonna have to tell me all about this." Cerise rushed to his side. The new couple sat for hours talking and learning more and more about each other every minute.

    This would be an amazing end to the story, would it not? But sadly it is not to be, for every story must have a villain. The two lovers sat completely unaware of the figure watching them. Hidden in the shadows. Taking in every detail. 

    Dun DUN DUNNN!!!!!!! To be continued!

    Maddie! You can't narrate at the same time as me!