Chapter 25: Love Hurts

Daring stood outside the hospital wing, waiting for Cerise. Only a few people were allowed to enter, this was including people who had witnessed the event. The news of Raven's death spread quickly around the school. People were terrified, every fairytale character in school was afraid, wondering who would be next. People were told to stay in their dorms until this was all cleared up.

    The Good King had come as soon as the information reached him. It was a very sad sight. Daring had been in the hospital wing, comforting Cerise, he was asked to leave when the Good King started crying. Daring had never seen such a strong, kind, man in such a low place. It was an odd feeling, Daring had never lost someone he personally knew before.

    But that wasn't the scariest thing... It was that the murder weapon had come from Apple. Baba Yaga had checked out the apples. Sure enough, they were coated in Sleeping Death. The only story that poison was used for was Snow White, and the probability of Raven poisoning herself on purpose was extremely low. Apple was taken in for questioning a couple of hours before, she would be put on "Dorm Arrest" until all of this is over.

    Finally, Cerise came wandering out of the hospital wing. Her face was red and puffy, and wet lines from tears streaked her cheeks. "Daring, we need to talk."

    "What is it?"

    "Maybe we made a mistake."

    "What?"

    "Maybe we shouldn't be together."

    "How can you say that?!" Daring could barely move. They had just gotten together, it couldn't end like this. Not here. Not now.

    "Our love caused this, maybe it's just not meant to be." Fresh tears were flowing freely down Cerise's face.

    "That's why she sent the apples, this is what she wants, for us to be apart."

    "But if she is desperate enough to murder, for you to be apart from me... then maybe we should just stop."

    "Cerise..." Daring said sadly. She nodded no. She pulled herself further into her hood and ran down the empty hallway.

    Daring felt as though he had just been run through with a two-edged sword. He suddenly could no longer stand. He dropped to the floor and began focusing on every breath, which didn't come easily. They hadn't been together more than a day... but it hurt like nothing Daring had ever felt before. He had just lost his true love. Without her, it felt like he would never be happy again.