Chapter 10

️Cindy Pov:

I decided to give August lanky ass a chance, anything could go wrong any minute but I'm not thinking about it.

As soon as we made it back home he had to go somewhere, I notice he forgot all about this big thing about this violence campaign for Mike brown. I still don't understand why would someone do something to this innocent young black man. I will make sure my daughter strive to get where she want to be, just because August is rich and famous things won't last long, even if he wanna play daddy. Women of color always have to work harder for everything they do.

Meanwhile I turned on the tv to see TMZ was on, now this was my show but most of all them bitches was hella messy. I saw Corryian sit up and looked at the tv and smiled.

" what you smiling at mama's" I asked her and sat down beside her. I looked at the screen to see August acting a total fool, but can see that they was acting him but damn.

" oh my gosh" I said covering my mouth, I knew I was acting like a typical white girl when I did that shit but I was shocked.

I notice August shirt was off , showing all of his tattoos, he was punching ole boy left from right , and then again, his ass all the way in Nola. This girl was screaming Get off of the man.

" for him to be a fighter .., and a lover, folks. I don't understand, you was at a non-violence concert"

I hurriedly turned off the tv, what was he thinking, I honestly don't care, I just hope he's okay.

Corry started crying uncontrollably.

" baby what's wrong" I asked her. She was really hot, she rarely gets sick, I thought she was having fever from earlier but it seem as it wasn't going down.

I picked her up and rubbed circles in her back, I decided to call August. She finally calmed down.

" what's up" he said through the other end.

" August you okay" I asked him.

" Ye-yeah baby , I'm almost at home , I'll talk to you when I get there" he said hanging up, I can tell he really didn't want to talk so I wasn't going to press the issue. Finally, Corry went to sleep, so I put her in her room.

I went up stairs to take a shower, it's almost midnight, and I'm never up this late.

I was in the shower for at least, twenty minutes. I stepped out as the cool breeze, went my dripping body. I dried my self off and put my nipple rings in and lotion my body. I put on some shorts and a tank top.

I went downstairs to hear the door close.

" Hey" he said walking pass me. I don't know what he's feeling but I know this shit is going to blow to the top and he don't want that I honestly don't want that. His ass was at a non-violent, concert, and decided to whoop someone else.

" hey , wanna talk about it" I asked him, he grabbed my by my waist and sat me on his lap.

"shit, this shit is all over TMZ, man, this nigga gone come at me wrong for showing up late. He was talking all this Yaya shit and then I whoop his ass, now my career is shit ion even know what to do. People think I'm a bad boy, and shit, which I am at times" he said shrugging his shoulders.

" well you are a bad boy, all the Time not most of time . And you let your Temper get the best of you, you can work on that , and stop letting shit get to you just walk that shit off. But whatever happens, I can always get you out of it"

" how baby" he said raising a eyebrow.

" I got my ways, but get upstairs and shower you smell like that slim nigga" I said scrunching up my nose.